Gamer Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How did you get into Fable?

Go down 
+33
Ranyk
Sverge
Ramen Warrior90
silen7sniper
KhaoticWarri0r
Warrior0013
ostalavista
Avian Azure
PeeceYo
Kapitan Kramer
UNDISPUT3D Z
stevo_leeto
xanderdipset
SA52
candee007
Maveric51k
Duro NL
DaDoktor
Skankyprince
Jared Legend
BigKingKaz
An Ironbaby
xRisingWrathx
RentalClown
ONE UP YOURS 2
Nicole Legend
VicariousRogue
DaRk GeNeRaL 85
YUNG TREY 417
Mikena2007
Fluffy92291
mediaflare
DarkPhoenix142
37 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DarkPhoenix142
Pie Master
Pie Master
DarkPhoenix142

Male Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2008-10-04

How did you get into Fable? Empty
PostSubject: How did you get into Fable?   How did you get into Fable? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 5:39 pm

Tell your story of how you got into playing Fable and why exactly you bought it.

I was just walking through the games section of Wal-Mart one day, I was about 15 at the time and was looking for a new game. My parents were cool with whatever I bought because I was raised on games like Mortal Kombat and Doom and I wasn't one of those kids who got reality and virtual reality mixed up. Then I saw Fable, sitting on the shelf and I decided to look at the back to get some info on it. It was just what I was looking for, an action RPG game for my X-Box. I bought it not even knowing any info other than you could be good or evil and that it was a fantasy/Fairy Tale world with swords and magic. I was stunned when I was playing it. So many different things happening at once, a good an evil system that actually affected you and at certain points some of the people and story, but my one problem was the game was way too short. And the world felt very small. All be it I loved Fable and still play it to this day. Fable 2 was first introduced to me by Game Informer Magazine and boy was I stoked when I saw the trailer on E3 07 Live on G4. I knew I had to get it. And here we all are, 13 days away from the release of the game that could change the world, Fable 2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/ShadowPhoenix142
mediaflare
Alliance Elite
Alliance Elite
mediaflare

Male Number of posts : 1128
Registration date : 2008-09-29

PostSubject: Re: How did you get into Fable?   How did you get into Fable? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 6:48 pm

here's the tale of my acquisition of Fable...

back when i first got an xbox, i had a game called Knights Of The Old Republic, which allowed you to drift down good and evil paths, being the first game that i played with that option, i started looking into all the others of that 'genre' :quotes:

i started playing games like black and white, and even a few games that gave you choices, but not too big, like condemned. one day my friend told me "the best choice game out there is Fable, you should get it" of course i did, and fell in love with it's amazingness. within two months though, fable TLC came out, so i went and traded it in, and fell in love all over again, with additional story, more gear, it was awesome!

after beating it three times, good 100%, bad 100% then neutral with a dramatic shift at the ending(my favorite), i began to get bored, and started playing other games...

after i made it back to the states(summer of this year) I got a 360 and registered an XBLA, and watched the halo 3 trailer that came with it. I had the films set on continuous, so when halo 3 was done, an army of two vid played, and another, and another... then it happened

a swirling spirit, I assumed a pixie or faerie, was flying through the woods, eventually arriving to introduce me to a hooded girl, with a cootie-catcher, her voice sounded creepily familiar... "welcome child... your story awaits"... 'what?' I said to myself, as the music began to start a crescendo, 'no way... is this?' and it happened, BAAA DUM BA-DA-DA DUM DUUUUM(you know the music that that fits to!) and FABLE 2 appeared before me, i jumped off my chair, 'NO WAY!' i began to get exited, and started researching it, and began to fall down a steep slope of depression once i saw the release date, too long Sad waaay too long.

my interests were constantly poked at, the trailer showed guns, GUNS! then the choices, ah the choices, and the final seconds of the trailer, a person shooting a balverine, and it scrolled out to show another man drawing a blade out of it... CO-OP? is this what i think it is?!?!

and here i am, drooling and praying to Avo that the game will be magnificent!
Back to top Go down
Fluffy92291
Pie Master
Pie Master
Fluffy92291

Male Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2008-09-15

PostSubject: Re: How did you get into Fable?   How did you get into Fable? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 7:01 pm

Well i was playin Brute Force and went 2 a section on the game menue and saw a talier for fable didnt know what the hell it was and watched it. thought it was bad ass then got it for my b-day like a mounth later the rest is history
Back to top Go down
Mikena2007
Alliance Elite
Alliance Elite
Mikena2007

Male Number of posts : 539
Registration date : 2008-09-14

PostSubject: Re: How did you get into Fable?   How did you get into Fable? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 7:44 pm

i got into fable when i first heard about it coming out on ign , long ago when it was called project ego.
i was anticipating fable for like 2 years before it came out.

i just hope this time fable 2 delivers on its promises.

Last edited by Mikena2007 on Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/breadwinnermike
DarkPhoenix142
Pie Master
Pie Master
DarkPhoenix142

Male Number of posts : 435

PostSubject: Re: How did you get into Fable?   How did you get into Fable? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 7:54 pm

Mikena2007 wrote:
i got into fable when i first hear about it coming out on ign , long ago when it was called project ego.
i was anticipating fable for like 2 years before it came out.

i just hope this time fable 2 delivers on its promises.

We'll just have to watch X-Play tonight and see. I for one think it will deliver.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/ShadowPhoenix142
YUNG TREY 417
Arrowdodger
Arrowdodger
YUNG TREY 417

Male Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2008-10-01

PostSubject: Re: How did you get into Fable?   How did you get into Fable? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 8:47 pm

well i was in grade schoool when fable one came out i seen it on tv and one day my aunt let us rent xbox games and i got fable and i played the whole nnight. i mean i liked it so much that i didnt let her take it bak and i still hve it hahahah
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/youngducer
DaRk GeNeRaL 85
Pie Master
Pie Master
DaRk GeNeRaL 85

Male Number of posts : 288
Registration date : 2008-09-30

PostSubject: Re: How did you get into Fable?   How did you get into Fable? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 8:50 pm

i was bored, so i went to blockbuster saw fable and was like "this looks this looks fun"... so i picked it up and i LOVED it...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/generaldegre
VicariousRogue
Admin
Admin
VicariousRogue

Female Number of posts : 586
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: How did you get into Fable?   How did you get into Fable? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 9:19 pm

i borrowed it from a friend because he told me it was awesome. :shrug:
Back to top Go down
https://gameralliance.darkbb.com
Nicole Legend
Alliance Elite
Alliance Elite
Nicole Legend

Female Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2008-10-03

PostSubject: Re: How did you get into Fable?   How did you get into Fable? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 9:39 pm

i bought the original fable ( for my then, now ex-boyfriend) in 04 when it came out. he was selfish with game sand never shared. i watched the game straight through about 4 times. after this i couldn't stand it anymore.... I WANTED TO PLAY ALL THE TIME!!! I started playing right around then. then I bought the lost chapters and played that also....needless to say, when we broke up i got to keep them because i bought them....haha sucks for him. i was just super stoked to find a guy, Jared, that loves games, Fable in particular, as much as me......seriously that is all we talk about right now.lol.
Back to top Go down
ONE UP YOURS 2
Pie Master
Pie Master
ONE UP YOURS 2

Male Number of posts : 460
Registration date : 2008-09-17

PostSubject: Re: How did you get into Fable?   How did you get into Fable? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 9:42 pm

my friends were talking about it and i decieded to try it out and i fell in love
Back to top Go down
RentalClown
Chicken Chaser
Chicken Chaser
RentalClown

Male Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-10-05

PostSubject: Re: How did you get into Fable?   How did you get into Fable? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 10:03 pm

I got it for my Step-brother for Christmas i think like 3 years ago, i watched him play it for like4 hours and i was amazed by just watching it how fun and with the magic and swords and bow and how your own character can be so different then anothers, he looked at me squirming in my seat and asked if i wanted to pley, been playing ever since. For how short it is im surprised at how you can always go back to it and be surprised by how its still fun.
Back to top Go down
xRisingWrathx
Arrowdodger
Arrowdodger
xRisingWrathx

Male Number of posts : 814
Registration date : 2008-09-24

PostSubject: Re: How did you get into Fable?   How did you get into Fable? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 10:07 pm

I was at my cousins house and he borrowed it from his friend and played it and I just thought it was awesome. I bought an xbox just to play it.
Back to top Go down
ONE UP YOURS 2
Pie Master
Pie Master
ONE UP YOURS 2

Male Number of posts : 460
Registration date : 2008-09-17

PostSubject: Re: How did you get into Fable?   How did you get into Fable? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 10:12 pm

xRisingWrathx wrote:
I was at my cousins house and he borrowed it from his friend and played it and I just thought it was awesome. I bought an xbox just to play it.

sme thing happend to me in halo but if it was fable i wouldav done the same thing
Back to top Go down
An Ironbaby
Pie Master
Pie Master
An Ironbaby

Male Number of posts : 477
Registration date : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: How did you get into Fable?   How did you get into Fable? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 10:30 pm

VicariousRogue wrote:
i borrowed it from a friend because he told me it was awesome. :shrug:
Me too lol :cool:
Back to top Go down
BigKingKaz
Pie Master
Pie Master
BigKingKaz

Male Number of posts : 207

PostSubject: Re: How did you get into Fable?   How did you get into Fable? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 3:34 am

DarkPhoenix142 wrote:
Tell your story of how you got into playing Fable and why exactly you bought it.

I was just walking through the games section of Wal-Mart one day, I was about 15 at the time and was looking for a new game. My parents were cool with whatever I bought because I was raised on games like Mortal Kombat and Doom and I wasn't one of those kids who got reality and virtual reality mixed up. Then I saw Fable, sitting on the shelf and I decided to look at the back to get some info on it. It was just what I was looking for, an action RPG game for my X-Box. I bought it not even knowing any info other than you could be good or evil and that it was a fantasy/Fairy Tale world with swords and magic. I was stunned when I was playing it. So many different things happening at once, a good an evil system that actually affected you and at certain points some of the people and story, but my one problem was the game was way too short. And the world felt very small. All be it I loved Fable and still play it to this day. Fable 2 was first introduced to me by Game Informer Magazine and boy was I stoked when I saw the trailer on E3 07 Live on G4. I knew I had to get it. And here we all are, 13 days away from the release of the game that could change the world, Fable 2

No real story for me, a friend bought it and I watched him play and have been hooked since lol =)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bigkingkaz
Jared Legend
Alliance Elite
Alliance Elite
Jared Legend

Male Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2008-09-15

PostSubject: Re: How did you get into Fable?   How did you get into Fable? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 3:52 am

i saw the cover and i was like ah sweet ill get it
and ive been obsessed ever since
Back to top Go down
Skankyprince
Chicken Chaser
Chicken Chaser
Skankyprince

Male Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2008-10-06

PostSubject: Re: How did you get into Fable?   How did you get into Fable? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 10:43 am

Jared Legend wrote:
i saw the cover and i was like ah sweet ill get it
and ive been obsessed ever since

same here
Back to top Go down
DaDoktor
Chicken Chaser
Chicken Chaser
DaDoktor

Male Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-10-06

PostSubject: Re: How did you get into Fable?   How did you get into Fable? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 11:09 am

my friend was siked about it coming out and one day i saw it in the gamestopand bought it
Back to top Go down
Duro NL
Arrowdodger
Arrowdodger
Duro NL

Male Number of posts : 841
Registration date : 2008-09-26

PostSubject: Re: How did you get into Fable?   How did you get into Fable? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 11:16 am

i was keeping track of the game, way back while it still was called Project Ego.
So yea i was amongst some of the disapointed people Razz lol not really all the things he promised and did not deliver did not quite harm me.

Loved fable 1 anyways, but i dont know why they ever changed the name
Project Ego sounds cool as wel Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.xboxlivenation.com
Maveric51k
Pie Master
Pie Master
Maveric51k

Male Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2008-10-05

PostSubject: Re: How did you get into Fable?   How did you get into Fable? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 12:53 pm

well.....

Kaughee or jacob (shadow warriors) was listening to me complain about how i can never coop with anyone and he was saying i should join this guild of his but i should play fable to get used to it cuz im mainly a fps core gamer. anyways i played fable with huge skepticism and 5 minutes later i was hooked and have been ever since
Back to top Go down
xRisingWrathx
Arrowdodger
Arrowdodger
xRisingWrathx

Male Number of posts : 814
Registration date : 2008-09-24

PostSubject: Re: How did you get into Fable?   How did you get into Fable? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 8:25 pm

Duro NL wrote:
i was keeping track of the game, way back while it still was called Project Ego.
So yea i was amongst some of the disapointed people Razz lol not really all the things he promised and did not deliver did not quite harm me.

Loved fable 1 anyways, but i dont know why they ever changed the name
Project Ego sounds cool as wel Very Happy

lol I never knew it was called that.
Back to top Go down
candee007
Chicken Chaser
Chicken Chaser
candee007

Male Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-10-02

PostSubject: Re: How did you get into Fable?   How did you get into Fable? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 6:59 pm

My first year away at ccollege my ass hole roommate buys it the final few weeks of school. I had no study time for any finals (hence my worst semester) Thnx fable
Back to top Go down
SA52
Pie Master
Pie Master
SA52

Male Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2008-10-08

PostSubject: Re: How did you get into Fable?   How did you get into Fable? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 7:12 pm

Well I also played kotor and loved the alignment choices and my friend told me about fable so I just went straight to TLC and I beat it and loved it, now that I think of it, it wasn't that long ago. like 4months ago, and I heard about fable 2 so I did research and preordered.
Back to top Go down
xanderdipset
Chicken Chaser
Chicken Chaser
xanderdipset

Male Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-09-30

PostSubject: Re: How did you get into Fable?   How did you get into Fable? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 7:27 pm

I was in blockbuster in the game section wanting to rent a game and i came across the fable box and thought it looked interesting so i decided to rent it and ive been hooked ever since
Back to top Go down
stevo_leeto
Chicken Chaser
Chicken Chaser
stevo_leeto

Male Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2008-09-26

PostSubject: Re: How did you get into Fable?   How did you get into Fable? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 7:53 pm

3yrs ago in 6th grade I remember friends talking about Fable and how you could be gay Laughing . About 1 month ago, my friend let me barrow his Fable TLC after I found out about Fable2. It was sweet, so I preordered the game, and got meh Pub games Wink .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How did you get into Fable?   How did you get into Fable? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How did you get into Fable?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next