Gamer Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

November 27th Patch Information

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
KhaoticWarri0r
Arrowdodger
Arrowdodger
KhaoticWarri0r

Male Number of posts : 674
Registration date : 2008-09-15

November 27th Patch Information Empty
PostSubject: November 27th Patch Information   November 27th Patch Information Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 8:41 pm

Quote from Epic:

Hey all,

I’m happy to announce that this morning, at 3:40 AM PST, we released a title update that should help with the current matchmaking issues. In order to get the update out as quickly as possible, we focused just on immediate infrastructure issues and have left any potential gameplay issues for a future update. Here’s what’s in today’s title update:
Adjustments to make Public matchmaking faster, especially in the single player party and the four player party case. Some of these adjustments should be felt immediately and some will play out over several days as our update enables us to reduce player segmentation by reducing the number of servers required to do matchmaking. This will increase the number of possible matches available for you to join.

A tweak that should prevent us from losing some of our additional detailed stats data that we gather for gearsofwar.com. Due to the large number of concurrent matches, our stats gathering servers were not able to collect data for every single match played. The Xbox LIVE leaderboards are 100% accurate but our existing stats web pages may have some missing data prior to the update.

A fix to address the issue where some players were unable to start the story-based campaign if Xbox LIVE was down or unavailable.
Something to keep in mind, if you have been playing Gears 2 since the title update was made available, then you will need to restart the game in order to be prompted for the update. If you don’t do this, then a situation will occur where people without the update will not be able to match make with people who have the update. This has nothing to do with the game or this update in particular, just the way the title update system works.

We want to thank everyone for their patience during this time and we will continue to monitor the situation. We’re hopeful that the matchmaking issues we’ve seen up till now are a thing of the past.

Thanks,

Rod.

Source
Back to top Go down
The Uber n00b3r
Pie Master
Pie Master
The Uber n00b3r

Male Number of posts : 448
Registration date : 2008-09-28

PostSubject: Re: November 27th Patch Information   November 27th Patch Information Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 9:41 am

at least they are working on stuff
now to fix the ghost man glitch and the kung fu flip glitch

don't youtube them btw
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/48651140
KhaoticWarri0r
Arrowdodger
Arrowdodger
KhaoticWarri0r

Male Number of posts : 674

PostSubject: Re: November 27th Patch Information   November 27th Patch Information Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 5:38 pm

The Uber n00b3r wrote:
at least they are working on stuff
now to fix the ghost man glitch and the kung fu flip glitch

don't youtube them btw

I see glitching as problematic also, it decreseas the amount of competitivity in my opinion, if the grounds are not equal. I only glitch in private matches, and I ask if they mind. If I do it, it's for a joke, and not in public, EVER. Actually, I think the biggest glitch they need to fix is the shield glitch, where you can hold any weapon. I know how to do it, it's way to simple, anyone could do it in a public match. The ghost man is more difficult, and requires the standby button on your modem. I've probably said too much, but the glitches are very easy to perform, and need to be fixed. The matchmaking is one step forward though.
Back to top Go down
LegendaryPixel
Chicken Chaser
Chicken Chaser
LegendaryPixel

Male Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2008-10-01

PostSubject: Re: November 27th Patch Information   November 27th Patch Information Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 6:39 pm

awesome they fixed the speed issue cuz im rarely ina party so it takes soo long to get intu a game so now i can get into one quickly tthats awesome but i hope to party with guild mates when i get my live up n running agian :positive:
Back to top Go down
scotty frank
Admin
Admin
scotty frank

Male Number of posts : 243

PostSubject: Re: November 27th Patch Information   November 27th Patch Information Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 12:55 am

Please stop typing this unreadable babel. I have a headache from reading that jargon. Show everyone that you have some sense and type properly. That sorry excuse at a sentence doesn't make you look "cool" and don't tell me that its easier either. It is much harder to type internet slang than to key english. You will see that I have addressed this on COG Army as well, and I am sorry for coming off cross but this really really needs to stop. I'm sure everyone else will agree, punctual errors and grammatical errors and spelling errors are understandable but your composition is ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Slevin05
Chicken Chaser
Chicken Chaser
Slevin05

Male Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2008-10-14

PostSubject: Re: November 27th Patch Information   November 27th Patch Information Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 1:05 am

there forums, i think everyone tends to get used to it. well maybe not everyone.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=502630282&ref=name
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: November 27th Patch Information   November 27th Patch Information Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

November 27th Patch Information
Page 1 of 1