Gamer Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dead Space...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
The Uber n00b3r
Pie Master
Pie Master
The Uber n00b3r

Male Number of posts : 448
Registration date : 2008-09-28

Dead Space... Empty
PostSubject: Dead Space...   Dead Space... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 4:51 am

wow.. this game is scary
seriously, i sat at the menu for 2 minutes and got freaked
THEN I STARTED PLAYING, all 17 minutes i played so far have been an "on the edge of your seat" experience

so far i don't remember the level layout too much, which i guess you can say is a good thing, because when you play through it again, you may not remember what happened, thus leading for a second scare, and it is much like 4RE which means you have alot of shit to unlock
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/48651140
mediaflare
Alliance Elite
Alliance Elite
mediaflare

Male Number of posts : 1128
Registration date : 2008-09-29

Dead Space... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead Space...   Dead Space... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 3:19 pm

The Uber n00b3r wrote:
wow.. this game is scary
seriously, i sat at the menu for 2 minutes and got freaked
THEN I STARTED PLAYING, all 17 minutes i played so far have been an "on the edge of your seat" experience

so far i don't remember the level layout too much, which i guess you can say is a good thing, because when you play through it again, you may not remember what happened, thus leading for a second scare, and it is much like 4RE which means you have alot of shit to unlock

ah the game is creepy, it's good at doing that, but the story is so typical in sci fi horrors i sat there and mumbled what was gonna happen next the whole way through, and i was never wrong haha

the game is not scary in my eyes, and my friend saw me jump when the first corpse came back to life and he said "haha so you ARE scared"

nope, that's called 'shocked,' people jump when unsuspecting things happen, it's instinctive, so yeah, the game is FILLED with shock moments, shit that's unsuspecting, but it wasnt too scary, and the whole 'dead rising' thing, they did it so much i just started double-tapping every corpse to stop it from bugging me haha

but otherwise the atmosphere is great, nice creepy deadworld thing
Back to top Go down
The Uber n00b3r
Pie Master
Pie Master
The Uber n00b3r

Dead Space... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead Space...   Dead Space... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 10:38 pm

the story may be typical, but the lighting and sound is what does it
i am thinking about taking off my DLC stuff because the scariest parts are the fact that it's a survival horror, and surviving should be tough

panic + sound + lighting = a real time situation, making it a little more scary
Back to top Go down
mediaflare
Alliance Elite
Alliance Elite
mediaflare

Dead Space... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead Space...   Dead Space... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 11:40 pm

The Uber n00b3r wrote:
the story may be typical, but the lighting and sound is what does it
i am thinking about taking off my DLC stuff because the scariest parts are the fact that it's a survival horror, and surviving should be tough

panic + sound + lighting = a real time situation, making it a little more scary

yeah, their choice in colors, lighting, and audio were perfect
Back to top Go down
The Uber n00b3r
Pie Master
Pie Master
The Uber n00b3r

Dead Space... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead Space...   Dead Space... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 4:57 am

of course i am playing on hard, turning it into more of a survival horror/ rpg type game [if you count rpg as upgrades, technically true]

so add in the non existent ability to run and gun, always be low on ammo, and the only thing i have going for me is the 1 time use codes and a -10% DR to myself because of DLC xD
seriously, i am scared from start to finish whenever i play

i wish insane was locked from the beginning, that would make it tough as nails and add into the mix
Back to top Go down
mediaflare
Alliance Elite
Alliance Elite
mediaflare

Dead Space... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead Space...   Dead Space... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 3:10 pm

The Uber n00b3r wrote:
of course i am playing on hard, turning it into more of a survival horror/ rpg type game [if you count rpg as upgrades, technically true]

so add in the non existent ability to run and gun, always be low on ammo, and the only thing i have going for me is the 1 time use codes and a -10% DR to myself because of DLC xD
seriously, i am scared from start to finish whenever i play

i wish insane was locked from the beginning, that would make it tough as nails and add into the mix

OH yeah, any game that offers a difficulty choice, you HAVE to play on the harder difficulties, cuz then the game is... well.... HARDER, and also makes it what it's supposed to be. like halo needs to be played on legendary or else it aint a 'humanity's last struggle' game

gears of war needs to be played on harder difficulties or else it also aint 'humanity's last struggle'
fallout needs to be played on harder difficulties or else it ain't a 'post apocalyptic survival' game

that's the rules!
Back to top Go down
The Uber n00b3r
Pie Master
Pie Master
The Uber n00b3r

Dead Space... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead Space...   Dead Space... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 3:15 pm

lol YA
these games aren't
"i was walking through a field one day... IN THE VERY MERRY MONTH OF MAY!"
kind of games...

these are FUCKSHITDAMNHELLCUNT!!!1!one!!!whywuntch00daialreddy?!
DAMNITYOUHITMEH!now i need to use teh health pack... SHIT OUT OF HEALTH PACKS!
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
kind of games
Back to top Go down
mediaflare
Alliance Elite
Alliance Elite
mediaflare

Dead Space... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead Space...   Dead Space... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 3:18 pm

The Uber n00b3r wrote:
lol YA
these games aren't
"i was walking through a field one day... IN THE VERY MERRY MONTH OF MAY!"
kind of games...

these are FUCKSHITDAMNHELLCUNT!!!1!one!!!whywuntch00daialreddy?!
DAMNITYOUHITMEH!now i need to use teh health pack... SHIT OUT OF HEALTH PACKS!
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
kind of games

pretty much exactly

'cept i noticed that "shit" sounds more stressed and angry than "fuck" these days
Back to top Go down
theoreticallyme
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
theoreticallyme

Male Number of posts : 328

Dead Space... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead Space...   Dead Space... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 1:11 am

so im liking it.

agreed, the story so far is pretty much average...but i like the setting.
i like the visuals,
the sound is pretty good. (in the dark, with some nice headphones on of course)

for me, what i'm liking about it is the setting.

Sci-fi.
holographic interfaces IN GAME, no pause required.
it's neat.

but yeah, i'll know more about the story when i'm more than an hour into it.

oh and i'm shitting my pants when i have 4 plasma charges left, and 3 guys are running at me...
(go for the legs and curb stomp) yummy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dead Space... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead Space...   Dead Space... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dead Space...
Page 1 of 1