Gamer Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

You CANNOT use your own hero if you are joining another persons world

Go down 
+14
VicariousRogue
candee007
Skankyprince
evilm3w
ShadowMonkey987
DarkPhoenix142
steelerskid11
scotty frank
The Uber n00b3r
An Ironbaby
Mikena2007
Hobo Jinkins
ONE UP YOURS 2
Duro NL
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Duro NL
Arrowdodger
Arrowdodger
Duro NL

Male Number of posts : 841
Registration date : 2008-09-26

You CANNOT use your own hero if you are joining another persons world Empty
PostSubject: Co-op Petition   You CANNOT use your own hero if you are joining another persons world Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 5:20 pm

http://community.lionhead.com/forums/thread/3141075.aspx

Go there and sign it please, they are making a petition so that lionhead will bring out a patch that will get you to really take your own hero to your friends world.

Because at the moment it isnt, if you join a friend you will get one of 6 pre-made henchman.

Wich isnt as cool as your own char.

i signed it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.xboxlivenation.com
ONE UP YOURS 2
Pie Master
Pie Master
ONE UP YOURS 2

Male Number of posts : 460
Registration date : 2008-09-17

PostSubject: Re: You CANNOT use your own hero if you are joining another persons world   You CANNOT use your own hero if you are joining another persons world Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 5:48 pm

yeah this takes out of the game so much i wnat to play my own hero
Back to top Go down
Hobo Jinkins
Chicken Chaser
Chicken Chaser
Hobo Jinkins

Male Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2008-10-18

PostSubject: Re: You CANNOT use your own hero if you are joining another persons world   You CANNOT use your own hero if you are joining another persons world Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 7:53 pm

hmm is this only on couch co-op or online as well?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kentbauer29
Mikena2007
Alliance Elite
Alliance Elite
Mikena2007

Male Number of posts : 539
Registration date : 2008-09-14

PostSubject: Re: You CANNOT use your own hero if you are joining another persons world   You CANNOT use your own hero if you are joining another persons world Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 11:01 pm

you can bet ur sweet little ass im signing

CAN LIONHEAD DO ANYTHING RIGHT!!!???!?!?!?
it gets me sooo mad sometimes
and to make matters worse ign gane the game a HORRIBLE video review , they shouldnt even be talking about negative stuff about the game..the way peter was hyping shit up
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/breadwinnermike
An Ironbaby
Pie Master
Pie Master
An Ironbaby

Male Number of posts : 477
Registration date : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: You CANNOT use your own hero if you are joining another persons world   You CANNOT use your own hero if you are joining another persons world Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 11:35 pm

Oh no! Please don't say this game was Moleneuxed Please don't say he Moleneuexed the Co-op!
Back to top Go down
The Uber n00b3r
Pie Master
Pie Master
The Uber n00b3r

Male Number of posts : 448
Registration date : 2008-09-28

PostSubject: You CANNOT use your own hero if you are joining another persons world   You CANNOT use your own hero if you are joining another persons world Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 10:38 am

why?
i dont know, it was a blatant lie told by LYINhead... once again the major letdown of PM continues
and to those of you who go "it's not a big deal" this is my opinion, and i find it a rather large deal!
not being able to go "hey look! this is my guy! that's your guy.. LETS KILL SOME SHIT!" was kind of an important role in this game >_>

-- edit, you may be able to... umm i forgot about pressing y to load... does it still have that? when scotty and me played for a bit, i didn't see it
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/48651140
scotty frank
Admin
Admin
scotty frank

Male Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2008-09-15

PostSubject: Re: You CANNOT use your own hero if you are joining another persons world   You CANNOT use your own hero if you are joining another persons world Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 11:10 am

Yeah its pretty crappy you get to pick from a good man or woman, a neutral man or woman, and an evil man or woman. Not alot of choice, I dunno about this Y thing tho?
Back to top Go down
steelerskid11
Chicken Chaser
Chicken Chaser
steelerskid11

Male Number of posts : 72

PostSubject: Re: You CANNOT use your own hero if you are joining another persons world   You CANNOT use your own hero if you are joining another persons world Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 1:23 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO lionhead is just makin the game worse than it is already dam you PM :mad: Sad :negative: Evil or Very Mad :eek:
Back to top Go down
The Uber n00b3r
Pie Master
Pie Master
The Uber n00b3r

PostSubject: Re: You CANNOT use your own hero if you are joining another persons world   You CANNOT use your own hero if you are joining another persons world Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 2:39 pm

just tried it, you can't, even when pressing Y
the whole thing was a fucking lie

=|

Back to top Go down
Duro NL
Arrowdodger
Arrowdodger
Duro NL

PostSubject: Re: You CANNOT use your own hero if you are joining another persons world   You CANNOT use your own hero if you are joining another persons world Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 4:40 pm

damnit

i guess you all sign the petition on the lionhead forum, i posted a link on here yesterday
Back to top Go down
The Uber n00b3r
Pie Master
Pie Master
The Uber n00b3r

PostSubject: Re: You CANNOT use your own hero if you are joining another persons world   You CANNOT use your own hero if you are joining another persons world Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 6:48 pm

i don't think you can petition for it, that would be a pretty big addon
maybe, i don't know what the updates are capable of anymore... i HOPE they do, the best feature is getting to talk to your friends without joining their world though xD
pretty awesome shit!

and to breakaway from the bad news
i wasted 3 hours trying to get horns... i killed so many guards, my skin turned white and my eyes red, thats about all
i think the major decisions will effect your appearance alot more than random acts of nefarious deeds
Back to top Go down
Duro NL
Arrowdodger
Arrowdodger
Duro NL

PostSubject: Re: You CANNOT use your own hero if you are joining another persons world   You CANNOT use your own hero if you are joining another persons world Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 8:02 pm

well you would be amazed what they can do with a patch.

and really this sould not be a big problem, just copy the appearance of your hero online would do the trick.
you dont really want to copy how other people react to you, look at sr2 or other games there you take your own characters appearance with you when you go co-op so it is posible!
Back to top Go down
DarkPhoenix142
Pie Master
Pie Master
DarkPhoenix142

Male Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2008-10-04

PostSubject: Re: You CANNOT use your own hero if you are joining another persons world   You CANNOT use your own hero if you are joining another persons world Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 8:11 pm

Co-op is a great idea but not being able to take your character who you've worked long and hard on is pretty dumb. I hope Lionhead can correct this soon ao we can all show off our characters to each other.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/ShadowPhoenix142
ShadowMonkey987
Pie Master
Pie Master
ShadowMonkey987

Male Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2008-10-12

PostSubject: Re: You CANNOT use your own hero if you are joining another persons world   You CANNOT use your own hero if you are joining another persons world Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 10:57 pm

i knew it would have some type of thing like this that got the game bad reviews and people going he ruined the game

gah why did he do this
Back to top Go down
Hobo Jinkins
Chicken Chaser
Chicken Chaser
Hobo Jinkins

Male Number of posts : 59

PostSubject: Re: You CANNOT use your own hero if you are joining another persons world   You CANNOT use your own hero if you are joining another persons world Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 12:27 am

Honestly it bothers me slightly but not all that much. Well maybe it is because I haven't played much online yet. Still a fantastic game.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kentbauer29
evilm3w
Chicken Chaser
Chicken Chaser
evilm3w

Female Number of posts : 24

PostSubject: Re: You CANNOT use your own hero if you are joining another persons world   You CANNOT use your own hero if you are joining another persons world Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 7:45 am

even if they did it (doubt it) it wouldn't come as a patch as it would be fairly large. It would be DLC..

I HATE THE CO-OP IN THIS GAME!

The game is awesome...but i wanted to show off in it >.< QQ
Back to top Go down
ShadowMonkey987
Pie Master
Pie Master
ShadowMonkey987

Male Number of posts : 250

PostSubject: Re: You CANNOT use your own hero if you are joining another persons world   You CANNOT use your own hero if you are joining another persons world Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 8:02 am

the dlc would have to be free then

because people would like to gloat that they got certain items and such and then they show them lol
Back to top Go down
The Uber n00b3r
Pie Master
Pie Master
The Uber n00b3r

PostSubject: Re: You CANNOT use your own hero if you are joining another persons world   You CANNOT use your own hero if you are joining another persons world Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 9:02 am

well for how rushed it feels, i think it may actually be upgraded
personally, i would have settled to NOT have it, until it was at least better than what it was

and i am sure many could agree on that
Back to top Go down
Skankyprince
Chicken Chaser
Chicken Chaser
Skankyprince

Male Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2008-10-06

PostSubject: Re: You CANNOT use your own hero if you are joining another persons world   You CANNOT use your own hero if you are joining another persons world Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 9:32 am

The Uber n00b3r wrote:
personally, i would have settled to NOT have it, until it was at least better than what it was

i TOTALY agree
Back to top Go down
Duro NL
Arrowdodger
Arrowdodger
Duro NL

PostSubject: Re: You CANNOT use your own hero if you are joining another persons world   You CANNOT use your own hero if you are joining another persons world Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 10:32 am

The Uber n00b3r wrote:

agreed, they should have released the co-op patch later!

elts hope they fix this!
Back to top Go down
candee007
Chicken Chaser
Chicken Chaser
candee007

Male Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-10-02

PostSubject: Re: You CANNOT use your own hero if you are joining another persons world   You CANNOT use your own hero if you are joining another persons world Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 11:46 am

FUCK YOU LIONHEAD!!!!! Ive never seen a worse co-op and i only buy games that have multiplayer... O how i wish i could return it just so the lil fucker cant have my money... I should have read the forums and never pre-ordered..... Damn them to hellLLLLLL!
Back to top Go down
The Uber n00b3r
Pie Master
Pie Master
The Uber n00b3r

PostSubject: Re: You CANNOT use your own hero if you are joining another persons world   You CANNOT use your own hero if you are joining another persons world Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 12:51 pm

wow dude.. the game is still good; it's not like it automatically turned into some "bible game" or some shit like that
Back to top Go down
Duro NL
Arrowdodger
Arrowdodger
Duro NL

PostSubject: Re: You CANNOT use your own hero if you are joining another persons world   You CANNOT use your own hero if you are joining another persons world Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 2:05 pm

:O wow, flame on Lionhead !

I disagree, yes it sucks that you can not use your own char.
but iv been watching some streams and the co-op looks really great, even with a henchman.

Yesterday this dude played the Crucible with a friend, fucky awesome.
lots of money and EXP witch is good for both players, cause your henchman will just give the money and exp t oyour hero!

any ways the co-op is good, its just lacking some features that would be cool.
it is posible to patch, but opf course MS has to allow a patch like that thats always a difficulty.
but we will see what they will do about it, no mather what they do the game is still awesome!
Back to top Go down
VicariousRogue
Admin
Admin
VicariousRogue

Female Number of posts : 586
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: You CANNOT use your own hero if you are joining another persons world   You CANNOT use your own hero if you are joining another persons world Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 4:19 pm

I've been co-oping a lot and it's actually quite fun. You get to take your exp and gold back into your world and gain abilities and corrupt/pure points. And also get achievements! It's just the appearance of the character that sucks. There is no customization at all. I think this was rushed and it's silly because there are so many games out there where this option is available and they could have released a better multiplayer system if they would have put more concentration into the co-op. They obviously put the majority of their effort into creating the world and battle system; it's incredibly amazing and there is SO much to do. So I'm thankful for that. They just really talked the co-op up as an amazing aspect of the game and it's just not. I wouldn't put a patch for co-op out of the possibilities for updates. And I think it would definitely be free DLC if not just included in a game update.
Back to top Go down
https://gameralliance.darkbb.com
mediaflare
Alliance Elite
Alliance Elite
mediaflare

Male Number of posts : 1128
Registration date : 2008-09-29

PostSubject: Re: You CANNOT use your own hero if you are joining another persons world   You CANNOT use your own hero if you are joining another persons world Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 4:26 pm

i'm sad that i cannot co-op with my character, maybe later on they'll fix it

for now, i'm content with how it plays, the co-op is fun, the lute is neat, the story is amazing, my wife ran away... and i am loving every minute of it

...cept that i have a kid at home and no wife... damn gypsies
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You CANNOT use your own hero if you are joining another persons world   You CANNOT use your own hero if you are joining another persons world Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

You CANNOT use your own hero if you are joining another persons world
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next