Gamer Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Portal: Still Alive

Go down 
+2
The Uber n00b3r
theoreticallyme
6 posters
AuthorMessage
theoreticallyme
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
theoreticallyme

Male Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2008-09-28

Portal: Still Alive Empty
PostSubject: Portal: Still Alive   Portal: Still Alive Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 2:03 pm

so, it comes out wed.

it's an XBLA title, the original game portal, plus a few new challenges.
no price yet, but it's an awesome game.
Back to top Go down
The Uber n00b3r
Pie Master
Pie Master
The Uber n00b3r

Male Number of posts : 448

PostSubject: Re: Portal: Still Alive   Portal: Still Alive Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 2:15 pm

wait... portal is going on the arcade this coming Wed.?
do you know how much donloads that will rake in
O.o

i may just stop playing Fable 2 for a few hours so i can beat it again xD
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/48651140
theoreticallyme
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
theoreticallyme

PostSubject: Re: Portal: Still Alive   Portal: Still Alive Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 2:23 pm

yeah, weren't you in GTA4 the other night when i was talking about it?

/shrug.

but yeah. Portal on your HD, no loads....instant...whenever you want.

hooray!
Back to top Go down
The Uber n00b3r
Pie Master
Pie Master
The Uber n00b3r

PostSubject: Re: Portal: Still Alive   Portal: Still Alive Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 2:26 pm

yea, but you said it was going to be after the NxE
>_>
that is waaay sooner xD
Back to top Go down
theoreticallyme
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
theoreticallyme

PostSubject: Re: Portal: Still Alive   Portal: Still Alive Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 2:36 pm

yeah, i know. it was bundled at the microsoft side of GDC with the NXE...so i figured around that time.

but it was just announced this morning it was coming out Wed.

SO HELL YEAH!
Back to top Go down
ShadowMonkey987
Pie Master
Pie Master
ShadowMonkey987

Male Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2008-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Portal: Still Alive   Portal: Still Alive Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 4:50 pm

its not hell yeah for me

i cant get it along with duke nukem and megaman 9 for about a month with all these games coming out Sad
Back to top Go down
Ranyk
Chicken Chaser
Chicken Chaser
Ranyk

Male Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2008-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Portal: Still Alive   Portal: Still Alive Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 10:29 pm

i read that Still Alive is just the Flash-based Map Pack that was released a few months ago for the PC version. (no, i didn't read it on wikipedia. i read it on IGN somewhere.) huge letdown because it's the narration that puts the game over the top for me. also, you can fly through these pretty quick. if you want a real challenge, Portal Prelude on the PC is much harder for some reason. things just seem to need to be much more exact.

from IGN hands-on
"To be clear, this is not a continuation of the Portal story and doesn't include any interaction with GLaDOS, the spunky AI who guides you through the main game. The additional maps are strictly new puzzle levels -- so if you were expecting some more quirky Portal humor to tide you over until the next full Portal game is released, you'll just have to wait."

from wikipedia
"The additional content will be drawn from levels from the map pack based on "Portal: The Flash Version" created by We Create Stuff and will contain no additional story-related levels."

vs

http://www.fileplanet.com/186458/180000/fileinfo/Portal---The-Flash-Version-Mappack
Back to top Go down
mediaflare
Alliance Elite
Alliance Elite
mediaflare

Male Number of posts : 1128
Registration date : 2008-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Portal: Still Alive   Portal: Still Alive Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 11:01 pm

theoreticallyme wrote:
so, it comes out wed.

it's an XBLA title, the original game portal, plus a few new challenges.
no price yet, but it's an awesome game.

WAT?

i love portal!
Back to top Go down
DarkPhoenix142
Pie Master
Pie Master
DarkPhoenix142

Male Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2008-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Portal: Still Alive   Portal: Still Alive Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 12:00 am

from what I've heard and seen its going to be pretty much the same game but with alot of new challenges and rooms. There's already a version of it (I think) that is available as a mod for the PC version called Portal: The Flash Edition map pack.

DO NOT CLICK UNLESS YOU WANT MAJOR SPOILERS!!!
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/ShadowPhoenix142
theoreticallyme
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
theoreticallyme

PostSubject: Re: Portal: Still Alive   Portal: Still Alive Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 12:49 am

Ranyk wrote:
i read that Still Alive is just the Flash-based Map Pack that was released a few months ago for the PC version. (no, i didn't read it on wikipedia. i read it on IGN somewhere.) huge letdown because it's the narration that puts the game over the top for me. also, you can fly through these pretty quick. if you want a real challenge, Portal Prelude on the PC is much harder for some reason. things just seem to need to be much more exact.

from IGN hands-on
"To be clear, this is not a continuation of the Portal story and doesn't include any interaction with GLaDOS, the spunky AI who guides you through the main game. The additional maps are strictly new puzzle levels -- so if you were expecting some more quirky Portal humor to tide you over until the next full Portal game is released, you'll just have to wait."

from wikipedia
"The additional content will be drawn from levels from the map pack based on "Portal: The Flash Version" created by We Create Stuff and will contain no additional story-related levels."

vs

http://www.fileplanet.com/186458/180000/fileinfo/Portal---The-Flash-Version-Mappack

yes, but this is from Joystiq. and it was announced at GDC that it would be the same game +more.
same game, meaning straight outta the orange box.

Microsoft announced today that Portal: Still Alive will bend reality on XBLA beginning next Wednesday, October 22nd. The title includes the original Aperture Science adventure (Joystiq's GOTY 2007), along with 14 new "exclusive" challenge maps and six advanced maps, complete with new Achievements. So, you can have your cake and eat it, too. (Damn.) We've contacted Microsoft about a price for the game. Major Nelson tells us the game will be 1200 ($15).
Back to top Go down
The Uber n00b3r
Pie Master
Pie Master
The Uber n00b3r

PostSubject: Re: Portal: Still Alive   Portal: Still Alive Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 8:09 am

same old game with 14 new maps
smooth like the original and still great
for 15$ it's the best buy ever
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Portal: Still Alive   Portal: Still Alive Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Portal: Still Alive
Page 1 of 1