Gamer Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fable II Downloadable Content DLC

Go down 
+13
Profesdur
EchoTwoAlpha
PeeceYo
Nicole Legend
Jared Legend
SyKo THeRaPy
RibMonkey
Ranyk
mediaflare
ONE UP YOURS 2
CodeIND
xRisingWrathx
An Ironbaby
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
An Ironbaby
Pie Master
Pie Master
An Ironbaby

Male Number of posts : 477
Registration date : 2008-09-23

Fable II Downloadable Content DLC Empty
PostSubject: Fable II Downloadable Content DLC   Fable II Downloadable Content DLC Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 10:39 pm

Ok so here's my question:
When we pre-order the LE version of Fable 2 we get the DLC that is the extra dungeon, etc. What happens if we coop with a player who has the regular version? Would they be able to come in to the dungeon? Or would the DLC just shut off when they were in your world? This seems like it could be a tricky aspect of the game and I'm puzzled as to how Lionhead is going to handle it. Please post your thoughts, comments, etc.
Back to top Go down
xRisingWrathx
Arrowdodger
Arrowdodger
xRisingWrathx

Male Number of posts : 814
Registration date : 2008-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Fable II Downloadable Content DLC   Fable II Downloadable Content DLC Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 10:40 pm

Well since its your own world that they are in then they can go anywhere you have. So I am guessing yea.
Back to top Go down
xRisingWrathx
Arrowdodger
Arrowdodger
xRisingWrathx

Male Number of posts : 814
Registration date : 2008-09-24

PostSubject: Fable 2 DLC Question?   Fable II Downloadable Content DLC Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 10:41 pm

I was actually wondering about the DLC we get with the LE. When we download it will it only be for one character or can we have it for multiple characters. Im thinking that if its for multiple characters then we wont be able to trade the items.
Back to top Go down
CodeIND
Pie Master
Pie Master
CodeIND

Male Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2008-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Fable II Downloadable Content DLC   Fable II Downloadable Content DLC Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 10:44 pm

well they said on X-Play that co-op wont be released till after the game is released...they said soon after, we can blame it on microsoft
Back to top Go down
An Ironbaby
Pie Master
Pie Master
An Ironbaby

PostSubject: Re: Fable II Downloadable Content DLC   Fable II Downloadable Content DLC Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 10:48 pm

xRisingWrathx wrote:
I was actually wondering about the DLC we get with the LE. When we download it will it only be for one character or can we have it for multiple characters. Im thinking that if its for multiple characters then we wont be able to trade the items.
I think it will be like you download it for your whole game, and all your characters are parts of that file, so yes in other words, but what do you mean about trading?
Back to top Go down
An Ironbaby
Pie Master
Pie Master
An Ironbaby

PostSubject: Re: Fable II Downloadable Content DLC   Fable II Downloadable Content DLC Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 10:49 pm

xRisingWrathx wrote:
Well since its your own world that they are in then they can go anywhere you have. So I am guessing yea.
Yea but it seems kind of ridiculous to call it exclusive content when they can access it just by going into someone else's world doesn't it?
Back to top Go down
ONE UP YOURS 2
Pie Master
Pie Master
ONE UP YOURS 2

Male Number of posts : 460
Registration date : 2008-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Fable II Downloadable Content DLC   Fable II Downloadable Content DLC Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 10:53 pm

An Ironbaby wrote:
xRisingWrathx wrote:
Yea but it seems kind of ridiculous to call it exclusive content when they can access it just by going into someone else's world doesn't it?

i see your point but the downside is you dont get all the loot from the dugeon so it is not as good as having it at you bidding
Back to top Go down
ONE UP YOURS 2
Pie Master
Pie Master
ONE UP YOURS 2

Male Number of posts : 460
Registration date : 2008-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Fable II Downloadable Content DLC   Fable II Downloadable Content DLC Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 10:54 pm

xRisingWrathx wrote:
i think its similar to an expansioin and the whole game is subject to it
Back to top Go down
An Ironbaby
Pie Master
Pie Master
An Ironbaby

PostSubject: Re: Fable II Downloadable Content DLC   Fable II Downloadable Content DLC Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 10:56 pm

ONE UP YOURS 2 wrote:
An Ironbaby wrote:
xRisingWrathx wrote:

i see your point but the downside is you dont get all the loot from the dugeon so it is not as good as having it at you bidding
Oh you don't? well that makes more sense then, I guess you wouldn't be able to trade the loot either
Back to top Go down
mediaflare
Alliance Elite
Alliance Elite
mediaflare

Male Number of posts : 1128
Registration date : 2008-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Fable II Downloadable Content DLC   Fable II Downloadable Content DLC Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 11:29 pm

ONE UP YOURS 2 wrote:
xRisingWrathx wrote:

that's most likely how it works, and i bet the items won't be available right away, they'll be in a shop or someone's house :quotes:

but i hope the DLC is available on all characters, the halo armor actually turned out to look cool, i want to use it on my bad guy who is my 2nd character, hopefully it wont default go to good guy, i'll just sell it then haha
Back to top Go down
mediaflare
Alliance Elite
Alliance Elite
mediaflare

Male Number of posts : 1128

PostSubject: Re: Fable II Downloadable Content DLC   Fable II Downloadable Content DLC Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 11:30 pm

An Ironbaby wrote:
ONE UP YOURS 2 wrote:
An Ironbaby wrote:
xRisingWrathx wrote:

Oh you don't? well that makes more sense then, I guess you wouldn't be able to trade the loot either

basically it'll be like 'check out where i can go, wanna come?' and they tag along to watch you adventure, then when they leave they'll never be able to go there too
Back to top Go down
Ranyk
Chicken Chaser
Chicken Chaser
Ranyk

Male Number of posts : 147

PostSubject: Re: Fable II Downloadable Content DLC   Fable II Downloadable Content DLC Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 4:37 pm

i'm pretty sure you will be able to access it in another person's world. more than likely, the LE game disc is exactly the same as the regular disc, but the LE edition comes with a marketplace key to unlock the dungeon and weapons. another person joins, they can follow you in. with that logic, they can also obtain the loot from there, unless they're just locked out. that would be stupid because they could just trade the items, unless they add binding features like in MMOs.
Back to top Go down
Ranyk
Chicken Chaser
Chicken Chaser
Ranyk

Male Number of posts : 147

PostSubject: Re: Fable II Downloadable Content DLC   Fable II Downloadable Content DLC Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 4:41 pm

they would not limit content to 1 character on a SP/console game. if you were to lose your character save, or you got bored with it, you'd be completely screwed out of the items. that would cause a HUGE outcry from fans.
Back to top Go down
RibMonkey
Chicken Chaser
Chicken Chaser
RibMonkey

Male Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2008-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Fable II Downloadable Content DLC   Fable II Downloadable Content DLC Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 12:03 am

ONE UP YOURS 2 wrote:
xRisingWrathx wrote:
i agree
Back to top Go down
RibMonkey
Chicken Chaser
Chicken Chaser
RibMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Fable II Downloadable Content DLC   Fable II Downloadable Content DLC Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 12:04 am

i don't know it doesn't seem like it would
Back to top Go down
An Ironbaby
Pie Master
Pie Master
An Ironbaby

PostSubject: Re: Fable II Downloadable Content DLC   Fable II Downloadable Content DLC Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 2:23 am

It will be most interesting to see how it pans out
Back to top Go down
SyKo THeRaPy
Pie Master
Pie Master
SyKo THeRaPy

Male Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2008-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Fable II Downloadable Content DLC   Fable II Downloadable Content DLC Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 2:36 am

Then they can't play co-op w/you on those certain areas I best believe.
Back to top Go down
Jared Legend
Alliance Elite
Alliance Elite
Jared Legend

Male Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2008-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Fable II Downloadable Content DLC   Fable II Downloadable Content DLC Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 10:50 am

every character you make will have the LE in game stuff. Its like the too human pre-order. Every character you make has it because its part of one big file
Back to top Go down
Nicole Legend
Alliance Elite
Alliance Elite
Nicole Legend

Female Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2008-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Fable II Downloadable Content DLC   Fable II Downloadable Content DLC Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 11:01 am

im pretty sure the content is for any character on the hard drive .
Back to top Go down
RibMonkey
Chicken Chaser
Chicken Chaser
RibMonkey

PostSubject: Downloadable Content   Fable II Downloadable Content DLC Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 12:45 am

Sry if there is already a topic like don't get on my ass just delete any ways i wanted your guys opinion on content to download like a sword content a new island at some point or just a friggen expansion pack so think for your post
Back to top Go down
PeeceYo
Pie Master
Pie Master
PeeceYo

Male Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2008-10-09

PostSubject: Re: Fable II Downloadable Content DLC   Fable II Downloadable Content DLC Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 10:30 am

Could you re-word the question please, its a little hard to understand what your saying Razz
Back to top Go down
EchoTwoAlpha
Chicken Chaser
Chicken Chaser
EchoTwoAlpha

Male Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Fable II Downloadable Content DLC   Fable II Downloadable Content DLC Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 1:25 pm

yeh thats sounds great, and island would be good. i was thinking about new castles or some dog content. i already bought myself 2000 MS points to get ready for any content.
Back to top Go down
Profesdur
Chicken Chaser
Chicken Chaser
Profesdur

Male Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Fable II Downloadable Content DLC   Fable II Downloadable Content DLC Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 3:40 pm

i dont know if theyll do this but i hope they have seasonal stuff. for example like costumes for halloween or santa hats for christmas. if they dont have that, maybe more side quests
Back to top Go down
ShadowMonkey987
Pie Master
Pie Master
ShadowMonkey987

Male Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2008-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Fable II Downloadable Content DLC   Fable II Downloadable Content DLC Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 4:13 pm

if its a download for one sword and its like 100 points i will buy it anyway (fable 2 nut lol)

if its more like shivering isles oblivion dlc thats perfect for this game because its a expansion pack like the lost chapters

i can see them doing a tlc more than items

if there are items dlc then it should be free really

and i bet they'll make the limited edition stuff up for sale on the marketplace (knowing microsoft they will)
Back to top Go down
kingcobra xx2
Chicken Chaser
Chicken Chaser
kingcobra xx2

Male Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: The unlockable swords for special edition   Fable II Downloadable Content DLC Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 6:35 am

they say if u get the special edition you will get two swords and stuff i was wondering what type of power the swords carry like what it will kill you in one shot or at least each time you hit your enemy you will get like some mana or something what do u think the swords will be like??? :shrug:
Back to top Go down

Fable II Downloadable Content DLC
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next