Gamer Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mirrors Edge

Go down 
+8
Skankyprince
x D3vO x
YUNG TREY 417
Ranyk
ShadowMonkey987
Kiras Light
theoreticallyme
Ramen Warrior90
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ramen Warrior90
Chicken Chaser
Chicken Chaser
Ramen Warrior90

Male Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-10-10

Mirrors Edge Empty
PostSubject: Mirrors Edge   Mirrors Edge Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 11:18 am

I had just found out about this game not too long ago at all. I had no idea that it had even existed.
If anyone has not seen any game play trailers... you will most definitely shit yourself... bring and extra set of clothes with you.
This is by far the most intense game I have ever seen.
Its all about a free running action/adventure game by EA, its nuts.
A breakthrough in gaming, and it has won numerous awards for best original game, and many others.

the only thing I wonder, is if the gameplay will be so intense that it will lag my Xbox 360...

Anyways, anyone that hasn't seen anything on this game, check it out on their site, its pretty nice.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/twinkieslayer90
theoreticallyme
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
theoreticallyme

Male Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2008-09-28

Mirrors Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirrors Edge   Mirrors Edge Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 1:23 pm

been watching it for awhile. excited about the non gun concept.
pissed about no multiplayer though.
Back to top Go down
Ramen Warrior90
Chicken Chaser
Chicken Chaser
Ramen Warrior90

Mirrors Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirrors Edge   Mirrors Edge Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 7:08 pm

Yeah, it would be awesome if it was multiplayer.
Just the thought of free-running on the roofs of skyscrapers with a bunch of other people, that just sounds freakin sweet.
Being able to beat the whole game without firing a bullet sounds pretty cool too.
I don't know which I'm more excited for: Mirrors Edge, or Fa
Back to top Go down
Kiras Light
Chicken Chaser
Chicken Chaser
Kiras Light

Male Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Mirrors Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirrors Edge   Mirrors Edge Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 9:58 pm

I think its most likely going to be a single player with some multiplayer but i doubt that.
Back to top Go down
theoreticallyme
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
theoreticallyme

Mirrors Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirrors Edge   Mirrors Edge Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 10:07 pm

Kiras Light wrote:
I think its most likely going to be a single player with some multiplayer but i doubt that.

demo is out early novemberish, release is the 11th of Nov.

but there's been no mention of MP...they might might have straight out said no MP at all.

buuuuuuut still. i cant wait. i'll rent it, maybe get it.
Back to top Go down
Kiras Light
Chicken Chaser
Chicken Chaser
Kiras Light

Mirrors Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirrors Edge   Mirrors Edge Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 10:27 pm

Its going to be a great game all in all but i highly but again i highly doubt that there will be and multi player since it looks pretty difficult to do that.
Back to top Go down
Ramen Warrior90
Chicken Chaser
Chicken Chaser
Ramen Warrior90

Mirrors Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirrors Edge   Mirrors Edge Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 4:23 pm

Yeah, Im friends with some of the guys at Gamestop, and they said its not gonna be Multiplayer.
They're also expecting it to get absolutely no rep or anything. They said that Mirrors edge will be a sleeper. A few people will buy some copies, and then later around future holidays once its starts getting out there, there will be no more copies around. Then Mirrors Edge 2 will release and be an enormous hit with an enormous possibility for Multiplayer.
Just imagine running on the roof tops with a couple of your buds. It would be nuts.
Back to top Go down
ShadowMonkey987
Pie Master
Pie Master
ShadowMonkey987

Male Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2008-10-12

Mirrors Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirrors Edge   Mirrors Edge Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 7:56 pm

er dude dont believe gamestop employees there trying to hype the game to u so u buy it and increase there sales

one time i went into gamestop in the bullring in birmingham (yes theres one in the uk)

and a mother was buying world of warcraft for her son and she asked if she had to pay online fee's seeing as its a mmorpg

and the clerk said THERES NO ONLINE FEE'S in instantly ran up to the woman twist the box around and said read the back

THE CLERK WAS SO MAD the woman still brought the game

but that clerk was right pissed off at me

cuz WoW comes with a code on the back of the manual once its used it cant be used again and u need that code to install the game so yea the son would have installed it found out that he had to pay extra and he would have eithet payed for the online charges or get his mom to return the game where the clerk would ask if she installed it she would say yes she did and then she would not be able to return it to them seeing as its open and used and pc games that are used dont get brought dude

so dont listen to gamestop employees no matter what they say its all bullshit

like i walked in another time and the clerk said TWO WORLDS KICKS OBLIVIONS ARSE it so does not oblivion KICKS TWO WORLDS ASS lol

MORAL OF THE STORYS DONT BUY FROM GAMESTOP BUY FROM OTHER STORES THAT DONT LIE
Back to top Go down
Kiras Light
Chicken Chaser
Chicken Chaser
Kiras Light

Mirrors Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirrors Edge   Mirrors Edge Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 9:55 pm

That might be just for you but over here the people who work there are gamers and they understand and they dont care about there stores sales. There just getting payed hourly. So i bet they dont care. And that u person u talk about proboly is a jackass that wants to fuck with people lives since he doesnt like his job. idk or maybe its different in america
Back to top Go down
Ramen Warrior90
Chicken Chaser
Chicken Chaser
Ramen Warrior90

Mirrors Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirrors Edge   Mirrors Edge Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 2:22 am

haha yeah dude. "My friends" at gamestop have been working there for like 8 years, and they get commission too for sales. So... there gonna try as hard as they can to hype games so they can get more money in there pocket.
Plus the ones by me are alll about customer satisfaction, especially since its getting towards Christmas season and they want as much rep as they can get. The guy at that one must have just been a complete and total dumbass.
Back to top Go down
ShadowMonkey987
Pie Master
Pie Master
ShadowMonkey987

Mirrors Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirrors Edge   Mirrors Edge Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 7:10 am

believe me dude i went onto a forum a couple of days ago and they were posting stories like mine gamestop is not a good store to shop at

speacilly when u sell ur games to them

i mean

you buy the game for what $60 and then sell it for what $15-$30

its a rip off selling games lol

you lose money as well when u sell them i dont see why people sell games you should just keep them
Back to top Go down
theoreticallyme
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
theoreticallyme

Mirrors Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirrors Edge   Mirrors Edge Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 11:03 am

let's stay on topic shall we?

we can debate/discuss trade ins and gamestop on another thread.
Back to top Go down
Ranyk
Chicken Chaser
Chicken Chaser
Ranyk

Male Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2008-09-29

Mirrors Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirrors Edge   Mirrors Edge Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 3:38 pm

i've been following this game ever since i saw the E3 video. looks freaking amazing. i preordered mine months ago.will definitely be enjoying it.
Back to top Go down
YUNG TREY 417
Arrowdodger
Arrowdodger
YUNG TREY 417

Male Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2008-10-01

Mirrors Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirrors Edge   Mirrors Edge Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 4:20 pm

this game looks good 2
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/youngducer
x D3vO x
Chicken Chaser
Chicken Chaser
x D3vO x

Male Number of posts : 79

Mirrors Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirrors Edge   Mirrors Edge Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 1:35 am

As a practictioner of parkour, I find this game to be pretty repetitive and tedious imo.
Back to top Go down
Skankyprince
Chicken Chaser
Chicken Chaser
Skankyprince

Male Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2008-10-06

Mirrors Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirrors Edge   Mirrors Edge Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 4:35 am

ITs an awsome game like all other swedish games XD :ok:
Back to top Go down
ShadowMonkey987
Pie Master
Pie Master
ShadowMonkey987

Mirrors Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirrors Edge   Mirrors Edge Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 6:17 am

i wont be able to buy this game when it comes out

but i will buy it one day
Back to top Go down
theoreticallyme
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
theoreticallyme

Mirrors Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirrors Edge   Mirrors Edge Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 12:00 pm

x D3vO x wrote:
As a practictioner of parkour, I find this game to be pretty repetitive and tedious imo.

A. the game isn't out, so how have you found it repetitive? unless you are basing your assumptions on the handful of videos there are on the net.
and B. parkour is about moving quickly as possible and efficiently. something this game seems to give seeing as how there are multiple paths throughout the game.
you should know this.

i think it's something you shouldn't knock until you play the game. never know...might be surprised.... =)
Back to top Go down
Ramen Warrior90
Chicken Chaser
Chicken Chaser
Ramen Warrior90

Mirrors Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirrors Edge   Mirrors Edge Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 2:47 pm

Yeah, that is quite true.
I have no idea whats its going to be like.
I can only base on what I saw in the trailers, and by what I read, and the awards it has won.
Back to top Go down
ShadowMonkey987
Pie Master
Pie Master
ShadowMonkey987

Mirrors Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirrors Edge   Mirrors Edge Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 2:53 pm

when i get the game im gonna try my hardest not to use a gun in the game lol
Back to top Go down
Ranyk
Chicken Chaser
Chicken Chaser
Ranyk

Male Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2008-09-29

Mirrors Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirrors Edge   Mirrors Edge Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 4:07 pm

ShadowMonkey987 wrote:

not going to be very hard. just drop all guns the moment you pick them up. never be tempted to use them Smile
Back to top Go down
Ramen Warrior90
Chicken Chaser
Chicken Chaser
Ramen Warrior90

Mirrors Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirrors Edge   Mirrors Edge Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 6:42 pm

ShadowMonkey987 wrote:

Yeah I'm also gonna try not to use any guns. They said it was possible, but I have no idea how insanely hard it might be to do it without using them.
Back to top Go down
ShadowMonkey987
Pie Master
Pie Master
ShadowMonkey987

Mirrors Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirrors Edge   Mirrors Edge Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 7:34 pm

yea but with every game it gets harder and harder the more you progress into the game

so i will be tempted to use a gun because u might i have loads of enemies firing at you at one point
Back to top Go down
Ramen Warrior90
Chicken Chaser
Chicken Chaser
Ramen Warrior90

Mirrors Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirrors Edge   Mirrors Edge Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 2:39 am

Yeah, its gonna be verrry tempting and I could see it almost seeming necessary to use a gun.
They said it was possible to beat the game without a gun, they never said it would be easy haha.
Back to top Go down
ShadowMonkey987
Pie Master
Pie Master
ShadowMonkey987

Mirrors Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirrors Edge   Mirrors Edge Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 6:53 am

yea they didnt say it would be hella hard though

who here thinks there will be difficulty ratings and such like easy hard legend and insane
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mirrors Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirrors Edge   Mirrors Edge Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mirrors Edge
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next