Gamer Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Imminent FAIL - Computer Problems

Go down 
+6
PeeceYo
Nicole Legend
DarkTwin DX
theoreticallyme
Mikena2007
The Uber n00b3r
10 posters
AuthorMessage
The Uber n00b3r
Pie Master
Pie Master
The Uber n00b3r

Male Number of posts : 448
Registration date : 2008-09-28

Imminent FAIL - Computer Problems Empty
PostSubject: Imminent FAIL - Computer Problems   Imminent FAIL - Computer Problems Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 2:34 pm

f*** you microsoft!
thanks vista for popping up this morning "imminent FAIL, please back up your hard drive because a case of amnesia may overcome your computer and you will lose everything on it! enjoy! <3"

yea, that's pretty much what my computer said this morning to me =D
oddly enough NONE of the USB ports work as well
so i can do nothing but wait to lose everything on my computer and have it turn into a brick

don't you love teh vista?!
>_>
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/48651140
Mikena2007
Alliance Elite
Alliance Elite
Mikena2007

Male Number of posts : 539
Registration date : 2008-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Imminent FAIL - Computer Problems   Imminent FAIL - Computer Problems Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 2:53 pm

that fu**ing sucks, and i got windows vista too
forotunately ive backup up my important stuff with my external harddrive
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/breadwinnermike
theoreticallyme
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
theoreticallyme

Male Number of posts : 328

PostSubject: Re: Imminent FAIL - Computer Problems   Imminent FAIL - Computer Problems Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 3:03 pm

yes, backups ftw.

my only suggestion is to get a new drive, install it and another instance of vista/whatever you wanna use. boot that up and move as much data as you can. then reformat your old drive and see if it works.
Back to top Go down
The Uber n00b3r
Pie Master
Pie Master
The Uber n00b3r

PostSubject: Re: Imminent FAIL - Computer Problems   Imminent FAIL - Computer Problems Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 3:05 pm

yea, sadly my mom thought it would be funny to rub it in my face saying "maybe if you didn't spend all your money on video games; you could replace it"
i havent spent any money on any in like... months
all the stuff i get is traded from other shit

its pretty retarded =/

lol if my USB hubs worked i would be able to get an external hopefully before the crash
but after restarting 4 times, i got nothing
Back to top Go down
theoreticallyme
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
theoreticallyme

PostSubject: Re: Imminent FAIL - Computer Problems   Imminent FAIL - Computer Problems Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 3:13 pm

http://computer-drives-storage.suite101.com/article.cfm/hard_drive_recovery_tips

few ideas.
try as much as you can.
if you can find a cheap used drive from a friend or use craigslist. maybe you can trade something for it....

regardless. try whatever you can to get a new drive, and back up everything.

after ripping my cds to my harddrive and all the must i collected online...after losing that once...i HAVE to backup because i can't search out everything again and again...

do it.
the more trouble you make getting a drive, the less trouble there will be refinding data.
Back to top Go down
DarkTwin DX
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
DarkTwin DX

Male Number of posts : 323
Registration date : 2008-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Imminent FAIL - Computer Problems   Imminent FAIL - Computer Problems Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 8:50 pm

I can't believe they are still trying to market Vista, I never went up to Vista, and never will, xp works fine for me. If Mircrosoft doesn't come up with a new OS soon, Apple is going to take over the computer business...
Back to top Go down
Nicole Legend
Alliance Elite
Alliance Elite
Nicole Legend

Female Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2008-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Imminent FAIL - Computer Problems   Imminent FAIL - Computer Problems Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 9:15 pm

thats why you should invest and buy a mac Smile
and im sorry that happened. i have had many windows computers and i have had them crash an whatnot and it seriously ruins everything.
Back to top Go down
theoreticallyme
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
theoreticallyme

PostSubject: Re: Imminent FAIL - Computer Problems   Imminent FAIL - Computer Problems Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 2:04 am

macs....no.

they have just as many hardware failures as PC's do.
Back to top Go down
PeeceYo
Pie Master
Pie Master
PeeceYo

Male Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2008-10-09

PostSubject: Re: Imminent FAIL - Computer Problems   Imminent FAIL - Computer Problems Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 11:51 pm

Buy a mac! Macs shall rule the world because they are so good. :hero:
Back to top Go down
CodeIND
Pie Master
Pie Master
CodeIND

Male Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2008-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Imminent FAIL - Computer Problems   Imminent FAIL - Computer Problems Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 11:53 pm

wow that extremely sucks
Back to top Go down
RibMonkey
Chicken Chaser
Chicken Chaser
RibMonkey

Male Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2008-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Imminent FAIL - Computer Problems   Imminent FAIL - Computer Problems Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 12:58 pm

i use an xp and im just fine
Back to top Go down
Nicole Legend
Alliance Elite
Alliance Elite
Nicole Legend

Female Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2008-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Imminent FAIL - Computer Problems   Imminent FAIL - Computer Problems Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 1:08 pm

theoreticallyme wrote:
macs....no.

i have been using macs for the last 4-5 years and i never once had anything crash or fail. they dont get viruses or hacked to due their encryption software or whatever. all i know is i have never had any problems ever. however with my windows laptop i bought this summer, it failed within the first 15 mins out of the box. needless to say i returned that the next day and paid 3 times for for a mac laptop instead and i couldn't be happier.
Back to top Go down
theoreticallyme
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
theoreticallyme

PostSubject: Re: Imminent FAIL - Computer Problems   Imminent FAIL - Computer Problems Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 2:17 pm

Nicole Legend wrote:
theoreticallyme wrote:
macs....no.

i have been using macs for the last 4-5 years and i never once had anything crash or fail. they dont get viruses or hacked to due their encryption software or whatever. all i know is i have never had any problems ever. however with my windows laptop i bought this summer, it failed within the first 15 mins out of the box. needless to say i returned that the next day and paid 3 times for for a mac laptop instead and i couldn't be happier.

they dont get *as many* viruses as pc's because most lamers and virus writers use PC's, they are the universal computer and have been since the beginning. Mac OS is now based on Unix, which a lot of people DO use and DO make viruses for. It is as unsafe as a PC is. I've had macs go bad on me, software and hardware both. I've had friends Macs go down the drain.

I'm happy you've had good experiences with mac's and not with pc's. but, people have had the opposite happen.
Mac's do not equal total freedom from problems.

Ps-
I've had a HP Pavillion from 2002 that went through XP and Vista and finally died due to a harddrive failure. 6+ years for a harddrive is alright, not great. but they don't last forever. i never had problems with it. sadly lost all my datas, but it's ok. that's why we back up =)

sorry it's off topic. but i hate macs.
Back to top Go down
Ranyk
Chicken Chaser
Chicken Chaser
Ranyk

Male Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2008-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Imminent FAIL - Computer Problems   Imminent FAIL - Computer Problems Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 12:28 am

the world will change drastically if mac ever took over. mac gets crap for games, so no sane gamer would ever support macs. but don't expect a new windows O/S until 2011. it's slated for 2010, but that was pushed back from 2009 shortly after vista released. all they need to do is take vista and integrate the same features into the whole XP setup, but give the ability to turn off any feature. Vista is an amazing improvement, but they went about it horribly.
Back to top Go down
Jared Legend
Alliance Elite
Alliance Elite
Jared Legend

Male Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2008-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Imminent FAIL - Computer Problems   Imminent FAIL - Computer Problems Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 4:21 am

Apple FTW!
i hate windows never again
Back to top Go down
The Uber n00b3r
Pie Master
Pie Master
The Uber n00b3r

PostSubject: Re: Imminent FAIL - Computer Problems   Imminent FAIL - Computer Problems Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 4:41 am

i just realized i was the one who made this post xD
i thought it was an off topic of FAIL pictures

but yea, so far this thing hasn't broken, luckily
but if it does my mom got one for herself off of HSN and my bro just got one as well from a friend
3 computers
3 vista
3 IMMINENT FAIL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Imminent FAIL - Computer Problems   Imminent FAIL - Computer Problems Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Imminent FAIL - Computer Problems
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gamer Alliance :: PC Gaming :: PC Help-
Jump to: