Gamer Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fable 2 First Look Demo Review

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
xRisingWrathx
Arrowdodger
Arrowdodger
xRisingWrathx

Male Number of posts : 814
Registration date : 2008-09-24

Fable 2 First Look Demo Review Empty
PostSubject: Fable 2 First Look Demo Review   Fable 2 First Look Demo Review Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 4:34 pm

Yesterday, I went to the FirstLookEvent in lace>Amsterdamlace>. Surprise [:O] After standing in the queue for about 50 minutes Angry [:@] , the Gamers Event finally opened Classic [:classic:]. I ran inside and saw 12 xboxes where Fable 2 could be played Up [:up:]. Every xbox was connected to 2 controllers. Crazy [:crazy:]

First of all I'd like to say that the demo I played was the E3 build, from June this year.
At first I tried the Childhood Demo - Male, which was pretty boring, because there was no sound and I had forgot my earplugs. After that I played the All rounder - Combat. The spells were incredibly laggy, but that's probably fixed. >>

> >

The X button is used for Melee Attacks. But I did not really figure out how to do 'ritmic combos' or any special moves, there was just too much to explore and too much try. The ranged combat was pretty simple actually. It was not possible to manually aim with a pistol, you could only do that with a rifle. The manual aim was too sensitive and unstable. >>

> >

The B button is used for magic. I was really impressed by the way the magic system was designed. By holding one of the triggers you can customize the order of spells. By just tapping the B button once, you will execute the attack first on your customized line of spells. By holding it for about 2 seconds, you will get the next spell and by holding the B button for about 4 seconds, your heroe will execute the third spell and so on. It’s a pity that some of the spells were a bit laggy, but I saw some really awesome spells with them. I, as an example, saw this cool tornado spell, which would swing your opponents around. I loved shooting the poor Hobbes in mid-air while they were being tossed around by a mini-tornado.>>

> >

The breadcrumb trail led to you co-op buddy when he went far from you, which may be little bit unnecessary. The camera was ok. Sometimes you would have a tree in front of the camera, but with one press on the RB button, the camera switches, to get a better view on the game from a better angle. I tried to swim by the way, the water looked ok, very sparkly. I couldn’t go any further then 20 meters (30 footsteps) of the shore. When you died, the whole physic system just stops functioning, as you may have seen in a previous video from the demo (the one were the legs just spread 180 degrees, but its probably because it’s an old build from the E3).>>

> >

To the people that were wondering about the co-op cliff-dive. Your co-op buddy jumps off the cliff and you stay behind. The camera will just stick with you and it will not show your cliff-diving buddy. In the screen it says ‘Press A to jump down and follow the heroe’ or something like that.>>

> >

When it comes to colour, the game is a true marvel. The green grass, the bleu sky and light affects are pretty G o o d [Good]. Characters are detailed. The game just looks G o o d [Good] graphically, but definitely not perfect (only the colours were perfect). It’s graphically G o o d [Good], but not GTA IV-like G o o d [Good]. The impartial GameKings said that the game really is beautiful. But hey, it was just a demo!>>

> >

Vincent>>

It says that a breadcrumb trail leads you to your coop buddy so maybe we have our own cameras in coop. I found this on the forums of lionhead.
Back to top Go down
Duro NL
Arrowdodger
Arrowdodger
Duro NL

Male Number of posts : 841
Registration date : 2008-09-26

PostSubject: Re: Fable 2 First Look Demo Review   Fable 2 First Look Demo Review Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 4:45 pm

ah sweet, nice find!

Damn it, i wish i ordered my tickets for this event on time.
Then i could have given you all my review of the game Sad

Ah well, next Game event will be in november so i gues fable 2 is already out then Razz hahaha
Back to top Go down
http://www.xboxlivenation.com
ONE UP YOURS 2
Pie Master
Pie Master
ONE UP YOURS 2

Male Number of posts : 460
Registration date : 2008-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Fable 2 First Look Demo Review   Fable 2 First Look Demo Review Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 4:59 pm

xRisingWrathx wrote:
Yesterday, I went to the FirstLookEvent in lace>Amsterdamlace>. Surprise [:O] After standing in the queue for about 50 minutes Angry [:@] , the Gamers Event finally opened Classic [:classic:]. I ran inside and saw 12 xboxes where Fable 2 could be played Up [:up:]. Every xbox was connected to 2 controllers. Crazy [:crazy:]

First of all I'd like to say that the demo I played was the E3 build, from June this year.
At first I tried the Childhood Demo - Male, which was pretty boring, because there was no sound and I had forgot my earplugs. After that I played the All rounder - Combat. The spells were incredibly laggy, but that's probably fixed. >>

> >

The X button is used for Melee Attacks. But I did not really figure out how to do 'ritmic combos' or any special moves, there was just too much to explore and too much try. The ranged combat was pretty simple actually. It was not possible to manually aim with a pistol, you could only do that with a rifle. The manual aim was too sensitive and unstable. >>

> >

The B button is used for magic. I was really impressed by the way the magic system was designed. By holding one of the triggers you can customize the order of spells. By just tapping the B button once, you will execute the attack first on your customized line of spells. By holding it for about 2 seconds, you will get the next spell and by holding the B button for about 4 seconds, your heroe will execute the third spell and so on. It’s a pity that some of the spells were a bit laggy, but I saw some really awesome spells with them. I, as an example, saw this cool tornado spell, which would swing your opponents around. I loved shooting the poor Hobbes in mid-air while they were being tossed around by a mini-tornado.>>

> >

The breadcrumb trail led to you co-op buddy when he went far from you, which may be little bit unnecessary. The camera was ok. Sometimes you would have a tree in front of the camera, but with one press on the RB button, the camera switches, to get a better view on the game from a better angle. I tried to swim by the way, the water looked ok, very sparkly. I couldn’t go any further then 20 meters (30 footsteps) of the shore. When you died, the whole physic system just stops functioning, as you may have seen in a previous video from the demo (the one were the legs just spread 180 degrees, but its probably because it’s an old build from the E3).>>

> >

To the people that were wondering about the co-op cliff-dive. Your co-op buddy jumps off the cliff and you stay behind. The camera will just stick with you and it will not show your cliff-diving buddy. In the screen it says ‘Press A to jump down and follow the heroe’ or something like that.>>

> >

When it comes to colour, the game is a true marvel. The green grass, the bleu sky and light affects are pretty G o o d [Good]. Characters are detailed. The game just looks G o o d [Good] graphically, but definitely not perfect (only the colours were perfect). It’s graphically G o o d [Good], but not GTA IV-like G o o d [Good]. The impartial GameKings said that the game really is beautiful. But hey, it was just a demo!>>

> >

Vincent>>

It says that a breadcrumb trail leads you to your coop buddy so maybe we have our own cameras in coop. I found this on the forums of lionhead.

wow you are so lucky
im sure al l those bugs are fixed now
Back to top Go down
xRisingWrathx
Arrowdodger
Arrowdodger
xRisingWrathx

PostSubject: Re: Fable 2 First Look Demo Review   Fable 2 First Look Demo Review Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 5:24 pm

LOL no guys that wasnt me and I wasnt lucky enough to go. I found this on lionhead.com from some other guy.
Back to top Go down
Duro NL
Arrowdodger
Arrowdodger
Duro NL

Male Number of posts : 841
Registration date : 2008-09-26

PostSubject: Re: Fable 2 First Look Demo Review   Fable 2 First Look Demo Review Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 5:31 pm

xRisingWrathx wrote:
LOL no guys that wasnt me and I wasnt lucky enough to go. I found this on lionhead.com from some other guy.

i knew it wasnt you because this was in Holland Razz

i just wished i could be there!
Back to top Go down
http://www.xboxlivenation.com
xRisingWrathx
Arrowdodger
Arrowdodger
xRisingWrathx

PostSubject: Re: Fable 2 First Look Demo Review   Fable 2 First Look Demo Review Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 5:33 pm

Duro NL wrote:
xRisingWrathx wrote:

i knew it wasnt you because this was in Holland Razz

i just wished i could be there!
Yea its cool, I wish I couldve been there.
Back to top Go down
BTGpapa
Pie Master
Pie Master
BTGpapa

Male Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Fable 2 First Look Demo Review   Fable 2 First Look Demo Review Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 6:00 pm

nice find
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fable 2 First Look Demo Review   Fable 2 First Look Demo Review Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fable 2 First Look Demo Review
Page 1 of 1