Gamer Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fable II - First Impressions!

Go down 
+23
XHeroX325
jCHASEmc
candee007
BMer14
IllegalDamage
ShadowMonkey987
Duro NL
BigKingKaz
Jared Legend
mediaflare
Skankyprince
tennismark
Hobo Jinkins
Fluffy92291
xRisingWrathx
Mikena2007
The Uber n00b3r
PATTY0622
steelerskid11
B0K1T0
Nicole Legend
DarkPhoenix142
VicariousRogue
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
BMer14
Chicken Chaser
Chicken Chaser
BMer14

Male Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Fable II - First Impressions! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fable II - First Impressions!   Fable II - First Impressions! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 8:09 am

i think it is a realy realy nice game. the best rpg game on an console
i wil have it tomorow Smile i know a haxor shop that's going to sell it before other shops Razz
Back to top Go down
tennismark
Chicken Chaser
Chicken Chaser
tennismark

Male Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2008-10-01

PostSubject: fable II - - first impressions   Fable II - First Impressions! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 9:43 am

i should but he isnt as wealthy as i am and that would sorta be a dick move on y part if i his friend but its not that bad the first time i only had to pay 10 bucks because i traded 7 games in to get the money but i might try to switch the bad copy for a new one or i might have to buy a new one
Back to top Go down
Duro NL
Arrowdodger
Arrowdodger
Duro NL

Male Number of posts : 841
Registration date : 2008-09-26

PostSubject: Re: Fable II - First Impressions!   Fable II - First Impressions! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 10:47 am

BMer14 wrote:
i think it is a realy realy nice game. the best rpg game on an console
i wil have it tomorow Smile i know a haxor shop that's going to sell it before other shops Razz

Tell me please Very Happy im from holland to Very Happy

Bol.com wont send it untill the 24th Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.xboxlivenation.com
candee007
Chicken Chaser
Chicken Chaser
candee007

Male Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Fable II - First Impressions!   Fable II - First Impressions! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 11:39 am

seems to me the co-op sucks!!!! I cant bring my own character into my friends game Sad Then ii have to start witha bare bone character??? And worse yet i cant bring anything back from the other world (skills/money/etc.) And to make things worse i cant figure out yet how to mix my old character with the new one so i can be richer.

I have to spend a lot of time to figure things out Sad
Back to top Go down
jCHASEmc
Pie Master
Pie Master
jCHASEmc

Male Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2008-09-28

PostSubject: Re: Fable II - First Impressions!   Fable II - First Impressions! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 1:44 pm

candee007 wrote:
seems to me the co-op sucks!!!! I cant bring my own character into my friends game Sad Then ii have to start witha bare bone character??? And worse yet i cant bring anything back from the other world (skills/money/etc.) And to make things worse i cant figure out yet how to mix my old character with the new one so i can be richer.

I have to spend a lot of time to figure things out Sad
I agree with the sucky coop... sorry ... Its kinda sluggish, and the camera has a lot of goofy positions so we couldnt see what we were doing (couch coop). I havnt played on XBL but I can imagine that it only is worse. IMO. Aside from that the single player experience is awesome. Ive been playing none stop pretty much, all 3 strength stats are at level 4 (level5 is EXPENSIVE) Level 4 Lightning. Im sporting a Master Hammer with no aug. and master pistol. Ive got the Master Axe, Katana, and Cutlass. Ive got $2mil and Get around $12,000 every five minutes........ I have only done 2 story missions. Three cheers for the Pub Games. FABLE2 ROCKS
Back to top Go down
PATTY0622
Arrowdodger
Arrowdodger
PATTY0622

Female Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-09-26

PostSubject: Re: Fable II - First Impressions!   Fable II - First Impressions! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 10:52 am

This game was a disappointment, I like it but still,
the game is really really really easy to beat.
The storyline is short.
The side quests short too.
The combat really easy.
The Arena easy too.
I have almost have all the cheevos ( THis is a good thing, the cheevos are well spread)
The Co-op sucks.
Way too many glitches.
Albion is small.
Back to top Go down
Hobo Jinkins
Chicken Chaser
Chicken Chaser
Hobo Jinkins

Male Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2008-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Fable II - First Impressions!   Fable II - First Impressions! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 12:55 pm

I found something that I really hate.

When you turn on the game and go from the title screen to the little table of contents thingy Threasa always says "And so our story begins" SO annoying. But just a minor flaw the game is still amazing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kentbauer29
XHeroX325
Pie Master
Pie Master
XHeroX325

Male Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2008-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Fable II - First Impressions!   Fable II - First Impressions! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 2:50 pm

Maybe a little short.
But oh well.
Awesome game.
Back to top Go down
elliot2dkillla
Chicken Chaser
Chicken Chaser
elliot2dkillla

Male Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2008-09-15

PostSubject: Today i snapped   Fable II - First Impressions! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 9:58 pm

so i was completely pure and good, and i realized that i had beaten every single quest this game has to offer in 20 hours, so i just started rampaging people left and right, head by head each rolling on the ground...i thought this game would be great, but its only good, damn i wanted 150+ hours, insteead i got 20
Back to top Go down
xRisingWrathx
Arrowdodger
Arrowdodger
xRisingWrathx

Male Number of posts : 814
Registration date : 2008-09-24

PostSubject: My Thoughts on Fable 2. Spoilers!   Fable II - First Impressions! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 1:18 am

Ok so this might be long but bare with me if you want. I'll be going through the positives and negatives of the game and what it could have and should have been. Now there might be more negatives then positives but I still really liked the game.

Positive
The game was great. I felt that it was 10x the size of the original Fable. The regions were done nicely and you could really tell your choices made and impact. The real estate was also done well with the whole economy thing. The jobs of blacksmith and woodcutting were simple they were addicting (just 2000 more gold and I reach the next level) I liked the Assassination jobs and saving the slaves, added more to the job system. The side quest were good and more then just hack and slash. The story, though short, was really good in my opinion.
Spoiler:

Negative
The game has too many bugs from what I hear. The only one I have encountered actually is the zombie child one which sucks cause it happened right after my baby became a kid. I havent tried coop but all I hear is how stupid it is but I still have faith. Though the world was much bigger in this game I felt that it still didnt feel that big. They needed to put more towns and special different kinds of areas. More dungeons and maybe old castles to explore. PM said it would be a open world but it really wasnt. Brightwood and Bowerlake felt like the only big world things while everything felt kinda of linear and from what I know you cant reach bloodstone until the end. There were not enough side quest at all. They needed to be wayyyy more then what they gave us. The story was way to short in my opinion. I felt that it was rushed.
Spoiler:
I think there were many ways to make the story line longer. The childhood part was about 40 mins or so which was fine cause you cant do much as a kid but then you fly straight to 19 and bamn your adventure begins. They could've done something where you do little quest around bower lake here and there for the gypsy camp and then your adventure begins. I think the gypsy camp also should've been able to change like if you buy all the buildings and sent the rent low it becomes a peacful little village or if the rents are high it becomes a evil village. It stays the same throughtout the whole game. There were way not enough clothes in the game. They could've put a guard outfit, alchemist outfit like Garths and a outfit like Reavers
Spoiler:
and maybe when you buy Fairfax Castle you get Luciens clothes. Weapons were ok I guess. More choices then good and evil, there needs to be like a neutral path or something. The characters were way underdevopled. Hammer was the only well written one. You barely find out anything about Garth. You only meet Reaver at the end and bam he's gone and you only read or hear things about him. Lucien is this crazy man who lost his family and wants to bring them back or whatever. And you never know why you are orphans unless I am mistaken.

Things they could have had:
1. A quest where your wife has been kidnapped and you need to either save her or let her die or pay ransom. ( they had a quest for your kid)
2. Defend your castle, village, town from bandits.
3. Buy Thags cabin and become bandit king and be able to attack downs.
4. Go to Knothole Glade, Snowspire and maybe some how revive Oakvale and become mayor.
5. Put different types of guilds similar to oblivion with a set of maybe 10 quest.
And various other things.

Theres probably more I can say but I will give it a rest now lol.

Basically this was a very good game and I enjoyed it but I felt it was way over hyped. I had hoped that PM would be able to redeem himself but he didnt. He said coop would be dynamic but from what I hear its not. He said you could plant acorns and you cant really. He said the world can completely change but not everything. He said you can buy every single building but you cant. He said the world is completely open and if it looks like you can go there you can but you cant.

I believe the biggest thing for me is that he said and I quote "OVER 100 HOURS OF GAMEPLAY!" OK I am not perfect at math but theres do some calculations.

Main story Quest - Around 10-15 hours. Lets say 12.
Side Quest - Around 10 hours I believe.
So so far its 22 hours. So thats 78 hours left. Now for those 78 hours you can do these: do the jobs which will get boring after awhile, search for 50 keys and 50 gargoyles, unlock demon doors and get married and buy everything. I have to say that really doesnt appeal to me. Yes I will do it and yes I probably will enjoy but i just thought it would be more extra stuff to do. I really dont feel like looking for keys and gargyles which will take up around 20 or so hours with no strategy guide. I really wish there was wayyyyyyy more side quest.

Anyways PM over hyped like usual and didnt deliver what he promised.

There is only one hope left and this is Downloadble Content. If there is no expansion similar to Oblivions then PM has failed me and in the faith I had for him.
Spoiler:

Reaver FTW! :gamer:
Back to top Go down
mediaflare
Alliance Elite
Alliance Elite
mediaflare

Male Number of posts : 1128
Registration date : 2008-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Fable II - First Impressions!   Fable II - First Impressions! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 2:15 am

that's a very nice review bud, BUT there is a "defend your castle from bandits" quest
Back to top Go down
Maveric51k
Pie Master
Pie Master
Maveric51k

Male Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2008-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Fable II - First Impressions!   Fable II - First Impressions! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 5:32 am

i agree 100%
Back to top Go down
ElTigreSantiago
Chicken Chaser
Chicken Chaser
ElTigreSantiago

Male Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2008-09-28

PostSubject: Re: Fable II - First Impressions!   Fable II - First Impressions! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 7:55 am

I wouldn't be that critical, but I am definetly waiting for DLC at this point.
Back to top Go down
injurytoall
Chicken Chaser
Chicken Chaser
injurytoall

Male Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Fable II - First Impressions!   Fable II - First Impressions! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 10:27 am

ElTigreSantiago wrote:
I wouldn't be that critical

Why not? They make you pay $60+ and the game takes about a week to do everything - What ever happened to the games that had challenge and lasted alot longer? game companies need to go back and play some SNES games
Back to top Go down
xRisingWrathx
Arrowdodger
Arrowdodger
xRisingWrathx

Male Number of posts : 814
Registration date : 2008-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Fable II - First Impressions!   Fable II - First Impressions! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 11:09 am

mediaflare wrote:
that's a very nice review bud, BUT there is a "defend your castle from bandits" quest
Ohhhh I just got owned!!!! lol but I didnt know that. I havent bought any castles yet and I have the guide but didnt see that
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fable II - First Impressions!   Fable II - First Impressions! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fable II - First Impressions!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2