Gamer Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

the NXE thread**UPDATE November 19th Confirmed**

Go down 
+19
EMPTY TIRE
Dark Master 182
RAYMANLAC
DarkPhoenix142
SyKo THeRaPy
CodeIND
UNDISPUT3D Z
DaDoktor
BTGpapa
Ranyk
PATTY0622
Duro NL
ostalavista
XHeroX325
DarkTwin DX
xRisingWrathx
Mikena2007
Kaughee
scotty frank
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
scotty frank
Admin
Admin
scotty frank

Male Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2008-09-15

the NXE thread**UPDATE November 19th Confirmed** Empty
PostSubject: the NXE thread**UPDATE November 19th Confirmed**   the NXE thread**UPDATE November 19th Confirmed** Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 11:47 am

Ok guys and gal I figured I would start us a thread about this stuff its pretty interesting

For everyone that doesnt know what im talking about its the HUGE fall update, that gives us the whole new dashboard with avatars, netflix and puts the current dashboard into the guide. Im sure ive left out some stuff, anyone feel free to add what i have left out.

AND I also read last night that it might be comming out the 25th(allthough OXM said november) if its a rumor someone thought up a good one lol

An article I found on GamersRepublic.net talks about the "Xbox 360 NXE Relaunch" on september 25th with coverage on g4. This is a direct quote from Gamers Republic.

September 25th 7pm EST. Microsoft will start a five hour countdown to relaunch their console. Yes that is right nothing short of a relaunch is acceptable. At the end of the five hours your console will update to the new interface with full functionality. To promote this most historic event with a full fledged media blitz. Microsoft has gone so far as to rent television space as in rent a channel. For those five hours G4 television will cover the event exclusively with live coverage. For those with Live they will be able to download or stream the channel.

First there are three new pages that are going to be unveiled. The first page is a strategic partnership with Sirius Satelite Radio. For a modest monthly fee you will be able to run Sirius radio through your 360 with no additional hardware needed, and you will be able to pay for the service with Microsoft points. The upside is that everyone with access to live will get a free week to play with the service, and it will be accessable while in game.

The second page is a new music store for downloading music directly onto your 360. Once again for an obvious charge which can be made through Microsoft points. However you will also be able to download some game music free of charge. How could we play Gears of War 2 without playing the Halo concerto right over the games music.

The third channel is called mad lib, and the author claims to have absolutely no clue as to what mad lib is about. However the author suspects it has something to do with a picture within picture function. I have no clue why anyone would want a picture within their game, but what the hell this rumor is batshit crazy anyway.

Microsoft will release a dozen new demos after the launch. There will be four new downloadable pieces of content a preview of the GTA DLC. A Mass Effect expansion. Portal and a free map pack for Halo 3.

Microsoft will unveil twelve new games never seen before that will be exclusive or first on the 360. Strangley enough the author only gives out code names for said games. Though they speculate that among them is Assassins Creed 2, Mass Effect 2, A new Conker title, A rare shooter new franchise, and two new Halo titles. Apparently from what they were told.

Apricot, Burden, Conker, Dramatis, Error, Fender, Gargoyle, Hiroshima, Ignorance, Jeremiah, Kyoto, London.

Then there are six free xbox originals that will be available for download. Three of which are not yet on the service, but will be available right after launch. The only game the Author could confirm was Halo would be a free game. These games will only be available to Live gold members, and they will only be available to those that have an account of long standing.

Im going to go ahead and say its false(hopefully im wrong) but you never know, i dont want everyone to get their hopes up for nothing.
If anyone listens to Major Nelson radio he said it is NOT comming out the 25th, but hey maybe he is trying to cover it up :cool:

Last edited by scotty frank on Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:11 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kaughee
Pie Master
Pie Master
Kaughee

Male Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2008-09-17

PostSubject: Re: the NXE thread**UPDATE November 19th Confirmed**   the NXE thread**UPDATE November 19th Confirmed** Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 11:55 am

My hopes are up! My hopes are up!
Lol thx scotty for this.....LONG OP. I've been excited about the NXE for quite some time now. The thing that really has me excited is the Netflix partnership. I'm not too sure about the avatars though. I think they're a bit too....cliche nowadays. EVERYTHING has an avatar. I might change my mind after I actually make mine on the NXE but until then i'm thinkin....."meh".
Well if the date above is official, and correct, then i'm very exited!.....if it's wrong scotty then I'm comin after you! =)
Back to top Go down
scotty frank
Admin
Admin
scotty frank

PostSubject: Re: the NXE thread**UPDATE November 19th Confirmed**   the NXE thread**UPDATE November 19th Confirmed** Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 5:31 pm

I was reading today and found this picture found in rock band 2, microsoft has been contacted to verify this as the release time I will update as soon as I find out.

the NXE thread**UPDATE November 19th Confirmed** Nxenovemberfor
Back to top Go down
Mikena2007
Alliance Elite
Alliance Elite
Mikena2007

Male Number of posts : 539
Registration date : 2008-09-14

PostSubject: Re: the NXE thread**UPDATE November 19th Confirmed**   the NXE thread**UPDATE November 19th Confirmed** Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 6:17 pm

thanks for the info ,dam i just asked a while ago on the other topic forum when the nxe would come out lol guess i got my answer

AND YEA IF ITS WRONG ....ME AND KAUGHEE ARE COMING AFTER YOU lol

u just better hope they don't push it back lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/breadwinnermike
Mikena2007
Alliance Elite
Alliance Elite
Mikena2007

Male Number of posts : 539
Registration date : 2008-09-14

PostSubject: Re: the NXE thread**UPDATE November 19th Confirmed**   the NXE thread**UPDATE November 19th Confirmed** Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 6:20 pm

oh and u left out the 8 way chat
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/breadwinnermike
xRisingWrathx
Arrowdodger
Arrowdodger
xRisingWrathx

Male Number of posts : 814
Registration date : 2008-09-24

PostSubject: Re: the NXE thread**UPDATE November 19th Confirmed**   the NXE thread**UPDATE November 19th Confirmed** Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 6:23 pm

That sounds so cool. I hope its true and I am really excited. I know that on the 25th Xbox Live will be down for the day so maybe. I am upset though cause I traded in my Mass Effect to gamestop to pay off the LE of Fable and now new content is coming out. AHHHHHHH!!!! LOL
Back to top Go down
DarkTwin DX
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
DarkTwin DX

Male Number of posts : 323
Registration date : 2008-09-18

PostSubject: Re: the NXE thread**UPDATE November 19th Confirmed**   the NXE thread**UPDATE November 19th Confirmed** Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 8:15 pm

It's true.
Back to top Go down
XHeroX325
Pie Master
Pie Master
XHeroX325

Male Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2008-09-27

PostSubject: Re: the NXE thread**UPDATE November 19th Confirmed**   the NXE thread**UPDATE November 19th Confirmed** Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 8:00 pm

It started today and will be over tomorrow
No more of this :gamer:
More of :eek:
Back to top Go down
ostalavista
Chicken Chaser
Chicken Chaser
ostalavista

Male Number of posts : 121

PostSubject: Re: the NXE thread**UPDATE November 19th Confirmed**   the NXE thread**UPDATE November 19th Confirmed** Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 8:15 pm

It's today dude.
Back to top Go down
scotty frank
Admin
Admin
scotty frank

PostSubject: Re: the NXE thread**UPDATE November 19th Confirmed**   the NXE thread**UPDATE November 19th Confirmed** Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 8:16 pm

What is today?
Back to top Go down
XHeroX325
Pie Master
Pie Master
XHeroX325

PostSubject: Re: the NXE thread**UPDATE November 19th Confirmed**   the NXE thread**UPDATE November 19th Confirmed** Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 8:34 pm

scotty frank wrote:
What is today?
The update Very Happy
Back to top Go down
scotty frank
Admin
Admin
scotty frank

PostSubject: Re: the NXE thread**UPDATE November 19th Confirmed**   the NXE thread**UPDATE November 19th Confirmed** Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 8:43 pm

No its not, today is maintenance there will be no changes at all after its over.
Back to top Go down
XHeroX325
Pie Master
Pie Master
XHeroX325

PostSubject: Re: the NXE thread**UPDATE November 19th Confirmed**   the NXE thread**UPDATE November 19th Confirmed** Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 9:07 pm

scotty frank wrote:
No its not, today is maintenance there will be no changes at all after its over.
:O I GOT EXCITED FOR NOTHING !!!!
STUPID FALSE ADVERTISING :[
Back to top Go down
XHeroX325
Pie Master
Pie Master
XHeroX325

PostSubject: Re: the NXE thread**UPDATE November 19th Confirmed**   the NXE thread**UPDATE November 19th Confirmed** Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 9:10 pm

Back to top Go down
Duro NL
Arrowdodger
Arrowdodger
Duro NL

Male Number of posts : 841
Registration date : 2008-09-26

PostSubject: Re: the NXE thread**UPDATE November 19th Confirmed**   the NXE thread**UPDATE November 19th Confirmed** Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 4:02 am

ahhaha, lol its funny to see how many people thougt it being today.

But if you would keep an eye out for the important game sites like IGN or teamxbox gamespot you would know it was to get ready Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.xboxlivenation.com
xRisingWrathx
Arrowdodger
Arrowdodger
xRisingWrathx

PostSubject: Re: the NXE thread**UPDATE November 19th Confirmed**   the NXE thread**UPDATE November 19th Confirmed** Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 5:13 pm

Duro NL wrote:

But if you would keep an eye out for the important game sites like IGN or teamxbox gamespot you would know it was to get ready Very Happy
lol everyone was running around like a chicken without a head thinking that it was the update. actually i wonder if they will need to shut live off again to bring the update.
Back to top Go down
Duro NL
Arrowdodger
Arrowdodger
Duro NL

Male Number of posts : 841

PostSubject: Re: the NXE thread**UPDATE November 19th Confirmed**   the NXE thread**UPDATE November 19th Confirmed** Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 5:59 pm

xRisingWrathx wrote:
Duro NL wrote:

lol everyone was running around like a chicken without a head thinking that it was the update. actually i wonder if they will need to shut live off again to bring the update.

yeah they probably have to, but not the entire day again i think or hope Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.xboxlivenation.com
PATTY0622
Arrowdodger
Arrowdodger
PATTY0622

Female Number of posts : 568

PostSubject: Re: the NXE thread**UPDATE November 19th Confirmed**   the NXE thread**UPDATE November 19th Confirmed** Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 9:02 pm

Duro NL wrote:
xRisingWrathx wrote:
Duro NL wrote:

yeah they probably have to, but not the entire day again i think or hope Smile

WEll If they are going to do a Countdown most likely it will be down for like 1 or 2 hours so they can updated everything restart their systems with the new info and people also download this new content ..

The thing will be is that soo many people is waititng for this and I am pretty sure and update like this will take a long time to download to the xobx !! ... and if a lot of people will be trying to downloaded at the same time it may crash... I hope not !! .. but there is a possibility !!
Back to top Go down
xRisingWrathx
Arrowdodger
Arrowdodger
xRisingWrathx

PostSubject: Re: the NXE thread**UPDATE November 19th Confirmed**   the NXE thread**UPDATE November 19th Confirmed** Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 9:14 pm

Well we're just going to have to wait then.
Back to top Go down
Ranyk
Chicken Chaser
Chicken Chaser
Ranyk

Male Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2008-09-29

PostSubject: Re: the NXE thread**UPDATE November 19th Confirmed**   the NXE thread**UPDATE November 19th Confirmed** Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 11:07 pm

It most likely will come out November. i'm pretty sure that's when all the big updates happen. that's when it was last year. also, that picture was denounced by microsoft. they claim that they're release it when they want to, but it will no doubt be november anyways.
Back to top Go down
BTGpapa
Pie Master
Pie Master
BTGpapa

Male Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: the NXE thread**UPDATE November 19th Confirmed**   the NXE thread**UPDATE November 19th Confirmed** Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 12:15 am

wait so is all that demo/new game stuff true or false? and that sirius radio thing?
Back to top Go down
DaDoktor
Chicken Chaser
Chicken Chaser
DaDoktor

Male Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-10-06

PostSubject: Xbox 360 Update?   the NXE thread**UPDATE November 19th Confirmed** Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 9:03 pm

Does anyone know when the new dashboard update will be applied?
Back to top Go down
UNDISPUT3D Z
Chicken Chaser
Chicken Chaser
UNDISPUT3D Z

Male Number of posts : 105

PostSubject: Re: the NXE thread**UPDATE November 19th Confirmed**   the NXE thread**UPDATE November 19th Confirmed** Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 9:49 pm

I believe I heard somewhere around the second week of November, but I could be wrong...

I also heard that the update will allow you to purchase and download full games instead of having to go to the store and buy the disc...

:shrug:
Back to top Go down
CodeIND
Pie Master
Pie Master
CodeIND

Male Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2008-09-30

PostSubject: Re: the NXE thread**UPDATE November 19th Confirmed**   the NXE thread**UPDATE November 19th Confirmed** Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 10:53 pm

UNDISPUT3D Z wrote:
I believe I heard somewhere around the second week of November, but I could be wrong...

I also heard that the update will allow you to purchase and download full games instead of having to go to the store and buy the disc...

:shrug:

i wouldnt count on that...i watched all of microsofts appearance on G4 and i have read many of their articles and i heard amazing things such as the Netflix membership, the partnership with FOX and so forth but i never heard anything like that
Back to top Go down
scotty frank
Admin
Admin
scotty frank

PostSubject: Re: the NXE thread**UPDATE November 19th Confirmed**   the NXE thread**UPDATE November 19th Confirmed** Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 2:12 am

bump
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the NXE thread**UPDATE November 19th Confirmed**   the NXE thread**UPDATE November 19th Confirmed** Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

the NXE thread**UPDATE November 19th Confirmed**
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next